• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's when you base your belief in God on observations and experiences rather than divine revelation.
I think it depends on how open your mind is to whether you can experience it in the natural or purely by divine such a telepaths,psychics and as is happening much more in the Islamic world purely natural but considered divine to others

Paranormal experiences and observations (solicited and unsolicited) have greatly influenced my spirituality. However they have done nothing to foster interest in any particular religion per se.

I believe in God as an act of faith. Though my physical understanding of this plane of existence seems empirically well beyond what science or religion can explain or claim. I'm neither a scientist or a theologian, and attempting to "prove" or "export" what I have witnessed has never had any particular importance to me.

Not to mention that I sometimes wonder if it's truly intended only for a select few of us to witness or understand some of these possible "cosmic truths". I see dead people. So why can't you? :confused:

Last edited:
I think it depends on how open your mind is to whether you can experience it in the natural or purely by divine such a telepaths,psychics and as is happening much more in the Islamic world purely natural but considered divine to others
I agree with the last one. I've never been a fan of psychics.

I am as likely to believe that there is a teapot orbiting the sun somewhere between Earth and Mars as to believe in a diety.
Russell's teapot - Wikipedia

"The burden of proof lies upon a person making empirically unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others."

Last edited:
My thoughts about God are based on what makes the most sense to me. However, these thoughts are for me, not others. I also believe any one's beliefs about religion should be respected. I would never disrespect any one for their religious beliefs. These beliefs are probably what they want and need to believe in. That is important.

New Threads

Top Bottom