• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introduction

Kailee

Hi everybody!:) I am 16 years old, and I am self-diagnosed with Asperger's.
I also have Tourrette's, transient tics, OCD, and Schizophrenia. Those are official instead of self-diagnosed.
Most people take Schizophrenia the wrong way. We are everyday people that just happen to sense and perceive things differently than others. Yes, we may "see" or "hear" things that you can't see, but that doesn't make us crazy.
Most of my symptoms started early and were more commonly seen at my biological fathers house. That is because I had a lot of problems over there. They treated my brothers and sister better than me. My "room" was the basement under the septic. I couldn't be myself. I was pretty much isolated in the basement every week for half a week. That's when the Schizophrenia was at it's highest peak, as was the Tourette's.
The Asperger symptoms started not long after I had my MMR shot. When i started school, I was always by myself, and could sit in one place for hours at a time. I didn't talk at all until the 7th grade and the. I was socially awkward. By high school, I was still "different" than the other students, but I learned how to blend into the social norms. I stayed in high school for 1 and a half years until I started having panic attacks at least once every week, which is why I am currently home schooled.
I am now on a gluten free diet, ( which helps TREMENDOUSLY!:) ) and I still have social interactions out of school.

Hi Kailee, and welcome,
For the record Kailee, there are no judgements here, only friendship and support.
Cheers
Turk

Hi Kailee, I'm glad you found us. It sounds like you've had a rough time. There are some great tips for living with Asperger's here, and feel free to ask us questions. As Turk said, we are here to support you.

Hi and welcome Kailee, don't worry about spelling mistakes , you will see it is quite common. you will now get all the support you need.

Thank you all! I'm doing pretty good at the moment, except for a few "fits" or "attacks." I'm not really sure what they are. It's like a panic attack, but in a way completely different. If I get too overwhelmed I burst into tears, jerk, kick, etc. It almost looks like a seizure, although it isn't one. It's so hard to explain it.

Hi! Good to meet you. Actaully the MMR shot is not the reason you have autism. There is no scientfitc evidence for that statement other than that it is correlative. The fits you speak of I sent you a link but are meltdowns. But welcome. I hope you find the support you would like here. I am always available to talk with. I love to help.

Hello, one of my only real friends was diagnosed with Schizophrenia when he was about 15 , he is probably the most sane person I ever met.. and the nicest.. just different to many people. I saw this lady talking about her experience with it on TED.com, you might find it an interesting watch > Eleanor Longden: The voices in my head | Video on TED.com < I was diagnosed with the wrong things due to this Autistic spectrum Disorder and I would imagine this is very common ... but I am pretty sure I got a few things going on besides it though... we are such complex creatures its hard to tell.
The lady in the video said something cool I remembered and that is that we should always ask what happened to somebody rather than what is wrong with them.. As for the argument of what causes ASD things and wether it is vaccines , nobody knows. Hope you are doing ok , peace

I still disagree about the vaccine not linking to autism and I have plenty of reasons, but I will not discuss it on here if it will cause arguments.

I'm not really sure if that came out right. As an Aspie it's hard to tell. Lol. But I meant that in the nicest way possible. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom