• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introduction.

Mack4

Hi where to start, well I'll try and keep it short. I'm nearly sixty and have had problems since my teens. Constant bouts of severe Depression, intermingled with just general low mood, diagnosed with Anxiety and several other “Disorders” over the years. Treatment – Resistance Depression is another as the array of medications I’ve been on haven’t helped much if at all. At the moment I’m on a stimulant, which helps me from falling back down that deep hole!

I believe that I have Asperger’s (it would explain the life I’ve led), the Psych’s and Psychologists have inferred to it in the past but not confirmed it? I’m now on the long waiting list to be assessed (it’s just ASD or on the spectrum) these days. Oh, I’m a Recovering Alcoholic as well, don’t like the word recovering as I don’t believe one ever does.

This was meant to be short but I’m at the lowest point I’ve ever been right now. Two months ago, my mother passed away, she was the only constant in my life and coping without ever seeing her again hurts.

welcome to af.png

I’m sorry to hear of your mother’s passing, Mack4. The unspoken void that develops is significant. I know. It’s something like an ache …. an intense ache the leads to a weakened spirit.

It’s okay to be low. We can’t know the heights if we don’t experience the lows. Be still and know you will persevere and ascend.

Thank you for your post. It’s important that you shared. We are grateful.

Welcome to the Forum! I'm sorry to hear that your mother passed away. I remember how difficult it was for me when my mom passed. It might not be easy, but I promise you that you can find a way forward.

At least you are here. We welcome you here. Stick around, get to know everyone. My condolences to you.

Hi Mack :) Good to have you with us. Sorry things are so tough at the moment. I lost my beloved step-dad and I still miss him and have waves of grief. You are not alone here. Many condolences for losing your mum. I hope we, here, can provide some solace.

HI @Mack4
Good to have you here. As you wait for the assessment do read the posts here, as we are on different stages of our journey with our diagnosis.

Hello and welcome, @Mack4.

I hope that we can be supportive to you and that you have a meaningful experience here on the forum. Let us know if you need any help figuring things out.

New Threads

Top Bottom