• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Internet Browser?

What browser do you use?

• Total voters
C

Chris

What browser do you use? Personally, firefox. Obviously I started with internet explorer, used that for many years, until around 4-5 years ago when I made the move to firefox. Best desicion ever. :) I've tried Opera before, that seemed fairly good too. :)

I rarely use macs and haven't tried chrome yet.

I use Safari 'cause I'm on a Mac.
But when I log into Windows or a Linux distribution I tend to use Firefox.
EMZ=]

Opera 9 for the win. Even Chrome is following in Opera's footsteps.

I've tried nearly them all. Worst has to be Internet Explorer.

Ewwy... Opera... xD.
Has anyone tried any text-based internet browsers?
They pwn.
All the screenshots I took uploaded to Facebook... I deactivated my Facebook account 'cause the people on there pissed me off... :)...
EMZ=]

I've only tried 9. Or 7.
Not sure.
It was around 3 years ago and I hated it.
EMZ=]

My top 5 browsers:

1. Firefox
2. Chrome
3. Opera
4. Safari
5. Internet Explorer

IE is so poor. I'm glad Windows 7 gives you the option to choose between a variety of browser at OS installation...though everything's still optimized to work with IE.

I use firefox all the time. The new version of Opera is sexy - so I might be changing some day. Though the opera browser on the Wii is abysmal.

I have firefox all rigged up to look and work exactly like Chrome :p

firefoxscreeny.jpg

And someone had to mention AOL browser! Lmao. Ah that made me smile. It's been so long since I heard the noise of a 56K dial up modem. Lovely.

Indeed. You waited forever to load a page. Then you would click a link to the specific page you actually wanted and wait forever again! That is of course providing you hadn't got cut off in the process.  :D

Started with netscape navigator back in school when I was 8 or so but I wasn't actually living online back then. Even if it was the first browser I used ever. Good ol' memories with altavista ^^

Then when we got our own internet connection at home, somewhere around 99 or so, IE was basicly the choice to go. Then somewhere around the age of 16 I found out about firefox and have been using it since then. Really liked version two of it, version 1 and 1.5 was good aswell but 2 was the best. 3 had too many memory leaks and such so I was annoyed quite alot til they launched 3.5, which isn't as fun to use in windows XP as it is in ubuntu (they optimized it alot I think).

Still haven't tried opera nor chrome, I do have opera 10 installation files somewhere so I guess I was preparing to give it a try at some point :p

Safari is nice when working with Mac but I would probably never install it in windows or linux.

So Firefox is still the way to go for me =)

As for textbased browsers, I wouldn't mind trying that some day but I'm not very keen on how they work.. Do you run them in a shell or something? I'd love to learn that =)

ps. oh, and I dont like the way FF looks in windows vista/7 :p

i also use fire fox and safari depending on how stable my computer is today

some days one browser always works and all others crash then a different day will make a different browser be the only one i can use

millenium vista

vista is new version of millenium crashes

2 things...

-> IE comes (came?) with windows, so most people use it. Especially people who are not interested in computers. Unfortunately, thats exactly the the target group for mean guys who want to steal your data. Hence, this is the browser people want and will find exploits for. And IE just is not very secure... Another point is that IE is (at least with windows XP), deeply integrated to the os. There are 20 - 30 dlls loaded or prefetched when windows boots up, which makes exploits even more dangerous.
Did you know that the German government officially advices (german) people not to use Internet explorer? Too insecure...

->The whole point of google chrome is to spy on you. You`d be surprised if you knew how much stuff gets send to google server, where it rests until needed. Of course the data is (as well) used for Google adsense to give you the right type of advertisement. Might of course also be nice browser, havn`t tried it, as a prefer keeping stuff private. There are third party patches though, that will disable that calling home (mainly by killing you unique ID). I`d suggest you use such a patch, if you want to use GS.

AO Hell would be a better description of them
Agreed! :thumbsup:
btw, ofcourse firefox supports mouse gestures aswell... :shifty:

I personally am using firefox, mainly because of its plugins. And just compare the amount of (hot)fixes released for IE to FF...

f.

New Threads

Top Bottom