• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Internet Browser?

What browser do you use?

• Total voters
I've heard about the whole Google Chrome/spy thing. How can people be sure though that this is what's really happening? How do they know Google are spying on them?

So hold on... Google Chrome just monitors your activity aswell? Does that pretty much explain why my images are on google?

If you upload any images to the net, google can/will find them. It won't search your computer and upload them to its own contempt. It won't steal your information or data, just collect information browser-based, I guess.

Correct, Google doesn't want to have pictures in its database. Only plain text is reported.

Every single installation of Google chrome gets an unique ID. This ID represents and entry in the Google database.
Google mainly collects urls you visited, what you entered in search bars, etc.
These information are then used for various activities, but mainly to give you advertisement that has to do with search queries you made or homepages you visited. It is then more likely that you will follow the advertisement link, which means money for Google (which is what this all about, after all. Google doesnt provide you with useful software because it likes you so much :) ). Your Google profile will also be used to "optimize" your search results.

If you upload a picture to somewhere, Google will find it sooner or later.
Google has little programs, called "web spiders" that "crawl" thru the internet and make a backup of every homepage they come across onto a Google server. This is how Google cache works.

And here`s the little snag: you cant really delete these backups of your homepage/pictures. Google won`t delete the data, even if you delete your homepage.

f.

Firefox because it has so many useful extensions.

firefoxp.png

Last edited:
Opera has a free VPN, which doesn't affect other connections.

If I use a Google Chromecast to mirror my phone's screen to the TV, I cannot use a desktop VPN online. The WiFi signal will not pair. So here's a great tip! :)

Chrome is so bloaty that I gave up and switched to Firefox a few years ago and everything has been smoother.
Normally I have like 80 art programs, spotify, 3 DAWs and 10 IDEs open at the same time, so this just works. lol

I'm gonna start posting this whenever I see a necro'd thread.

In all seriousness, I've been using Brave the last few years.

New Threads

Top Bottom