• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Interesting comment from my therapist

It is contradictory. Do we live in a separate world, or the same one?

Maybe your therapist should think his ideas through before he goes and tells his patients.

No, no not contradictory at all! Auties live in their own world and are truly separate from nts, but aspies interact in the world but differently.

The quote in the OP rings true for me. Most of my life I have felt that I lived at the fringe of society, I knew I had to 'take part' or I could not support myself, but I also knew it was not my world.

That led to a lonely internal life, one I couldn't readily explain to anyone else. Finding out I was an aspie changed that, gave me a culture I could relate to and a sense of connectivity. I still believe I'm the wolf at the edge of the flock, but, I'm happy with that thought now.

It's funny that I searched for peace for so long, and in all that time I held to the belief that 'know thyself' was the way to go. When I did actually 'know myself', my internal peace followed of it's own accord.

New Threads

Top Bottom