• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Inquiry Re: Depression

It seems we feel less, less about everything around us. The wave of depression hits us and leaves less of our feelings, as we become numb. True depression for me was - l was 100% numb. I felt l was in a surreal film and l was watching it. Then l went antidepressants and with the help of a good friend and pills , l finally walked out of this numbness. It was painful numbness because l felt l couldn't actively engage with anything l was doing. I felt zombie like and l wasn't even on meds. Thank god l had a decent antidepressant. I was stalked for four years. It was pretty rough. I didn't know who the person was.

But your interaction here is good and shows you are coming out of your shell.
Thank you for explaining this, and for your kind words. What you went through, must have been extremely difficult to endure. I'm glad that you had a good friend to help you get through it. That is so important. I had support, too, and can't imagine getting through the aftermath without it. I am unable to tolerate medication, but, appreciate you mentioning it, and I'm glad it was so helpful to you. I wish you everything good, going forward.

One of the unique things, one if the valuable aspects of these forums is there are a number of people with compassion and who want to take the time to explain and connect and help.

I`m sorry to hear you are having a difficult time Loren. And I always enjoy meeting you on the forum. :) What you describe could be depression, maybe you have a chemical imbalance in you? I have wondered lately if I have that, I`m way too down when I wake up in the morning. It sounds like you are struggling with a depression.

View attachment 75984
I find it harder to feel upbeat this time of year. It is the last bit of winter, conditions for playing in the snow are decaying and that is sad. But spring will be here soon. In another week the warmer days and cold nights will set the sap in trees to running and people here will be making Maple Syrup over wood fires in the many sugar shacks that dot our landscape. I may help a neighbor tap his sugar maple trees. What a treat!

I find it harder to feel upbeat this time of year.
Me too.

Temperatures are dropping back down fast and wind chills predicted to go into the -20’s for a few days. This has to end. However, I’m worn down and crave a change right now. I understand how some people throw themselves off just to stop the pain.
I was listening Desmond Tutu & The Dalai Lama this morning in a short video. They were reminding people about it being a journey; to only concern oneself about what to do next. Let go of the future and the past and simply take the next step in your day. It’s a good reminder for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom