• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Information processing issues?

Is this because they talk too fast and when you read you can read in your own pace?
Or is it another issue?
I have always wondered why many of us like to read instructions.
Do many of us need to have the info written down rather than being read even if the words are the same in both cases?
It's because I don't take in all the information. I always forget bits and leave bits out, don't remember all of it or confuse it. I prefer to read, because then I can go at my pace and absorb all that I read, and go back over it if I forget something.

I think i have auditory processing disorder, especially talking on the phone when people talk too fast

Is this because they talk too fast and when you read you can read in your own pace?
Or is it another issue?
I have always wondered why many of us like to read instructions.
Do many of us need to have the info written down rather than being read even if the words are the same in both cases?

I'd say we do. At least many of us. I like to have everything written down even if I'm supposed to remember something 'easy'. No. I want all instructions in both writing and if possible images too. I'm a verbal and image type person+ I have auditory issues so hearing instructions just doesn't do it. My attention problem along with the auditory issues make it almost impossible to remember or even understand the instructions at least in most cases. And even if I 'get' it I will still need repetitions.

Next week I'm closing 1 month in my new job at the super market. I hate to say this but I'm already looking for another job. At least in general. I am simply not made for this kind of job. Not only is it way too fast and wayyyy too loaded with various information, not only did I get hired just a couple days before holiday season (and there is almost no time enough to 'learn' during these days with all this buzz), but it seems that everyone is in a hurry and people are already getting frustrated by me even if they don't directly say it. I don't blame them actually. Objectively speaking I'm probably too slow for this job and my attention issues don't help me absorb the information and the instructions properly. While everyone seems 'understanding' for me being new in words, actions show that I'm slowing others down plus each shift has only 2 persons in it which means that the chores needed to be done are too many to be done 'properly'. Worst thing is that the boss is a person who knows my brother in law and that's why he hired me..which is even more embarassing for me. My instict always told me not to go to works where the owner/boss is too familiar with my family or a relative..and this time out of desperation I did not listen to my instict..this amount of stress is too much ><

New Threads

Top Bottom