• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm not religious, but when asked on Census forms I put "Jedi", does anyone else do this?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Just come back from this year's Comic Con at the Arena, went dressed as Darth Vader, big long black cape, mask, lightsabre and everything.

I'll post a photo shortly.

So anyway, do you put "Jedi" when asked about religious beliefs?

Topic.

Just come back from this year's Comic Con at the Arena, went dressed as Darth Vader, big long black cape, mask, lightsabre and everything.

?

Cool. I like your costumes. Costumes remind me of a local businessperson near our city who wears a Statue of Liberty costume several times a year, and waving them in from near the road to enter their business, to promote their tax services, as their business name uses one of those words.

I know you have had a sales job, and are looking for sales jobs, so maybe you could consider using one of your costumes to help promote a local business with similar theme, to bring customers in. There must be businesses in your area that would consider hiring a creative person in costume, if costumes are one of your interests. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Cool. I like your costumes. Costumes remind me of a local businessperson near our city who wears a Statue of Liberty costume several times a year, and waving them in from near the road to enter their business, to promote their tax services, as their business name uses one of those words.

I know you have had a sales job, and are looking for sales jobs, so maybe you could consider using one of your costumes to help promote a local business with similar theme, to bring customers in. There must be businesses in your area that would consider hiring a creative person in costume, if costumes are one of your special interests. Just an idea.

That’s a great idea! People in costumes stand along the roadsides advertising vast amount of businesses from pizza, or mattress shops where I live. I can see Rich in his Jedi outfit getting paid to work! Sounds like fun!

That’s a great idea! People in costumes stand along the roadsides advertising vast amount of businesses from pizza, or mattress shops where I live. I can see Rich in his Jedi outfit getting paid to work! Sounds like fun!

As much as I'd love to be in that line of work, I don't think there's much demand for it over here, the Comic Con thing only happens about twice a year here in Sheffield.

@Dadwith2Autisticsons You know what? I think you've come up with a good idea there!

Haha, lovely idea! Personally, on official documents with an "other: ____" option under race/ethnicity, I put "other: human" :p

When I see a box on a form asking about Sex I usually put "Yes please". I am somewhat of a kidder but I wouldn't recommend you do this on a work application.

Funnily enough, the idea of people on the UK census referring to themselves as "Jedi" is an actual phenomenon that started in 2001.
According to what's written on Wikipedia, it's not just the UK either; Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Croatia, Turkey and many other places also have individuals who refer to their religious belief as "Jedi" or "Jedi Knight".
Here's the Jedi Religion Census for 2001 when it started for England and Wales.

cUYATOH.png

Here's the link where I found the information: Jedi census phenomenon - Wikipedia

And here's something just for the craic:

But... Darth Vader was a Sith! The dark side is better anyway, we have cookies.

I was working abroad during the last census, but I'll have to consider the relative merits of being silly or correctly representing the prevalence of atheism during the next one.

I'd never put "Jedi" on a form. Only this answer, purely without abbreviation or brevity in general, can suffice:

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are Broken.
The Force shall free me.

darth-vader-vs-dark-helmetits-a-meme-off-28.jpg

When I see a box on a form asking about Sex I usually put "Yes please". I am somewhat of a kidder but I wouldn't recommend you do this on a work application.

I've seen that before; some lads at my school used to put "Yes Please" next to Sex on those forms and it was worth a good chuckle.

Topic.

Topic.

New Threads

Top Bottom