• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'M DONE! Quitting my career of game development! + Child of Crystal CANCELLED!

FOR THE LAST MOTHER LOVING TIME, I CANNOT FREAKING MOVE OUT BECAUSE I'M NOT EQUIPPED FOR IT! I *JUST* SAID THIS IN MY MOST PREVIOUS POST!!

CAN ANY OF YOU PEOPLE READ?!!

I could ask you the same all-caps question. I guarantee you, I read all of your post. Perhaps you should try looking harder at mine.

Never did I say "move out right now". At no point, did I say that.

It's this bit: "but sometimes it could even mean 'making preparations to move out' or something like that" that bothered you so much, yeah? IT. IS. JUST. AN. EXAMPLE IDEA. It's not a bloody order! Nor even an actual suggestion! And it's a LONG TERM thing. I used it as an example because plans to deal with situations like yours are NEVER mere short term things, and it's simply a very generic example of what SOME PEOPLE do in situations like this LONG TERM. I thought the fact of it being a generic example simply used to illustrate a point was obvious. Of course, us on the spectrum dont always spot the obvious... I should consider that in future posts. My mistake then, I aint perfect. I shall try not to rely on "obvious" and instead be more explanitory in the future. However, that's all quite irrelevant.

My ACTUAL point, which I notice is *still* going totally ignored was, well, this quote here:

"There are many forms, many courses of action. All sorts of things that can be done to work towards a solution. But simply being passive all the time, simply saying "I cant win" or "I gotta just sit back and hope it passes" is the first step towards utter failure. Indeed, if you think you cannot do something... then you probably cannot. It took me a long, long time to learn that lesson the hard way, and it's probably the piece of advice that I repeat the most often on this forum and other places because it's bloody important."

Do you get it? The ACTUAL POINT? Ugh. You want to pursue game development? Or do something else? Some other career, new hobby, whatever? You could have a career making 3D printers for all I know. Or get a hobby of some sort. A new special interest, maybe. Whatever. You gotta GET UP AND DO SOMETHING in order for ANYTHING to happen or be accomplished, AND, you'll have to actually face down any challenges that appear before you. Whether that Maddog guy is opposing you or not, you WILL face big challenges. Heck, even if he was TOTALLY supporting you in this... you'd still be facing the same level of challenge. Possibly even BIGGER challenge. It would simply take a different form. And you cannot defeat any sort of challenge by sitting there and waiting! If you want to accomplish something... you gotta get up and DO something to work towards it. What that "something" is, is entirely for YOU to figure out. Throw chickens at a freaking clown if it seems somehow beneficial, I dont know! The point is that you think positively and do SOMETHING, face up to the challenges and take them on, instead of thinking purely negatively and just rolling with the punches and hoping things magically change. See the actual point I was making, now? Note that none of this is telling you "you must take this very specific action".

I say all that though, and even as I type it, I realize it's likely to go ignored again.

Ye gods. As this one goes... I'm out. I've said my piece. Expect no further responses from me, as there is nothing else to say. Good day to you.

Oh...oh my...I've made someone resent me...

Why did I even bring this up?

Stop being a loser. You are literally grasping at straws trying to find a good reason to quit. Anything and everything is a problem, even though they are just problems you created in your mind.

It doesn't matter one bit what some random guy thinks. Stop thinking in terms of problems and in terms of solutions and you'll stop being a loser and actually work towards your goals. Imagine where Bill Gates would be today if he listened to everyone getting in his way when he tried to get more time on the computer. The dude was literally scamming his school so he could be on the computer longer, meanwhile you are scared off by some minor shaming language.

New Threads

Top Bottom