• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm back and apologies

jamse37

Hi all
Sorry been away so long. Been fighting to get diagnoses for 3&1/2 year old daughter and it's just taken everything from me.
She is the easiest case for diagnoses the so called experts could come across. But they just want to avoid giving her a diagnoses. It's assesment after meetings after assessment.
Today was ados. My little one couldn't tell a story couldn't say what was happening in a picture and for the imaginative play she was reinacting things that had happened at home. I question this and was told this was because she is not mature enough. Even though at three years old she was assessed and had a brain of a five and a half year old.
So the battle continues.
I hope everyone on here is ok and hopefully I will catch up with you soon and once again my apologies.

I am sure everyone here wishes you well in that struggle. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Take care and thanks for the update.

Which is why I refuse to get a "professional" diagnosis! I cannot go through such torment, which would end up making me far worse.

Do you need to get her "professionally" diagnosed for school and things?

Did you say to the "professional" well how come she has a brain of a 5 year old then?

They are so dogged down with the administration of it all, they fail to open their eyes and see what is hitting them! Makes one wonder who is the true profession: them or us!!

Hi Suzanne
Thank you for your reply.
Totally agree with you. We end up telling them what they should be looking for. And yes the only reason we need an "official" diagnosis is to be able to get her help in schooling if it is needed.

New Threads

Top Bottom