• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm a friend, but I want to be more

[QUOTE="KwiSpen, I'm just a creepy guy who talks to her a lot and she sometimes helps me and knows I'm an aspie.

Uuuugh! Bad thinking, I used to think that way, realized years later, I had lots of girls sweet on me in highschool, just missed it. Some of us aspies, (me auspie) are just plain hot, thanks to the (Peter Pan thing) life does have some Karma sometimes.
Anyways stop over thinking things so much sallyforth win her heart... if you don't try you lose automatically.

How about a classic car show? I'm a girly female, and I love those!:bluecar: Or go to the aquarium :tropicalfish: then out to a seafood dinner. :D What about an exhibit at the science museum? :bee:Anything fun. She'll quite likely know it's a date, because she's NT.
If she says she's busy on Wednesday, immediately have a back-up day in mind "Okay, how about next Monday, then?" If she's busy still, she may be trying to say "No, thank you." However, is she offers a day she is free, then she's likely interested. You can do this! Best of luck!
Geez, I wish I had known that protocol back in the day! I am happily married now, but it could have saved me much grief! I remember asking a guy out and he kept saying he was busy on whatever day I suggested. Then he wouldn't answer his phone after saying he might be available that Saturday. When I finally caught on that he didn't want to date me, I cried all night. :(

Geez, I wish I had known that protocol back in the day! I am happily married now, but it could have saved me much grief! I remember asking a guy out and he kept saying he was busy on whatever day I suggested. Then he wouldn't answer his phone after saying he might be available that Saturday. When I finally caught on that he didn't want to date me, I cried all night. :(

Hi Garnetflower
Proper form on first date is to leave the exit door open, saves time + feelings. You say HI...,(whatever),...is it okay if I ask you on a date? If you get any answer other than,(YES)...no play... you're done. Doesn't matter why, a boyfriend...or she would rather paint her toe nails, whatever, you're still done, move on find someone better...just bad karma, it happens sometimes.

[QUOTE="KwiSpen, [/QUOTE] sorry didn't read all, coffie date can be anything walk whatever, means introduction pe-date, usualy short light who i am who are you, anything in comon? no romance. Real dating starts after coffie date.

Maelstrom, I only got that vibe after visiting the site. I thought we were friends. I was dissuaded. Maybe we are friends. But as for the Peter Pan thing, I am too mature for that, no offense intended, sorry if you do. I've just always been in the biggest hurry that I haven't stopped and smelled the roses.

Garnetflower, thank you for sharing your experience. You give me hope for the future, and I wish you the best in your marriage.

Don't be sorry Maelstrom, you're trying to help. That's all I can ask for. Anywho, just buy her a coffee at the shop on campus and talk to her? I think I could do that nonchalantly, but that's the only part that would be nonchalant. I'm afraid I'd get into an awkward position, and not the good awkward positon (Hey-o!). But seriously, we know a good deal about each other from conversation. The fact that I felt comfortable enough to tell her I'm an aspie should say how much I trust her, and know her. But trust without previous romance pretty much makes us friends, I guess, and not much more.

Ok. Sorry Maelstrom, I completely misunderstood the Peter Pan thing. I saw the parade yesterday and they sang the song about not growing up, and I guess I sort of perseverated. I do look much younger than I am. I am frequently mistaken for a high school sophomore, when I am actually a college sophomore.

nurseangela, I'm currently laboring on this over the thanksgiving break from college. I'm leaning towards waiting until I don't have a class with her anymore, so it won't be as awkward if she rejects me. For now, we're friends, or only friendly, depending on how you see it.

And yes, the new avatar does look nice.

Good thinking cause it definitely would be awkward.

Don't get too used to the avatar yet. I may change my mind, idk. I kind of like the picture where she says "your present is in the litterbox", but that one won't fit. Life is just so unfair. :rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom