• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you made a crossover story with characters from multiple franchises, what would you make?

Beavis and Butthead accidentally steal superhero powers when they put radioactive fuel rods into their TV remote battery compartment... the superheroes then escape the TV to get their powers back only to enter the most moronic battle in movie history. Yeah, you know this is going to be chaos of the idiotic kind!

Batman and The Riddler Vs Jigsaw- Basically Jigsaw is putting criminals of Gotham into his traps but they don’t cause death because this Jigsaw follows Batman’s code to never kill anyone no matter how heinous they are. Jigsaw keeps leaving taunting messages in the form of riddles which is stumping the Dark Knight so he enlists the help of the man he knows the most about puzzling clues, The Riddler. Riddler agrees to help because he doesn’t like how the press is now calling Jigsaw the new Master of Puzzles and Riddles of Gotham and he wants the title only for himself. Jigsaw has now started to target Batman’s allies as he has already put Nightwing into a trap and Harley Quinn and the Joker have gone missing for weeks and no one can figure out what happened to them or where they are. Harley in this story keeps her Birds of Prey persona and has distanced herself from her past with the Joker. People theorize that perhaps Jigsaw is the Joker but Batman and the Riddler disagree given the methods Jigsaw goes through with his plans.

It’s typically horror whatever with a focus on games for me, so I’m gonna get a little obscure here:

Freddy Krueger somehow runs into Sachiko from Corpse Party. Heck if I know how.

As TVTropes sometimes puts it, even evil has standards, and as awful as Freddy is, even he is horrified by what Sachiko does to her victims. She’s going way too far, so he decides to put a stop to her absurdly horrible antics.

Since Sachiko is an overpowered walking disaster, he enlists the help of Samara from The Ring, since her spectral nature means she could actually manage to do something… no physical character could.

They make their way to Heavenly Host… the bizarre pocket dimension that Sachiko controls (which appears to be a wrecked Japanese school on the inside).

Freddy and Samara now find themselves in a situation similar to what they put their own victims through… while they cant be murdered due to already being dead, they are still in grave danger, because if she manages to get them they’ll find themselves facing a fate far worse than death alone. They’ll have to survive direct attacks, traps, and manipulative schemes (which lead to traps) if they want to avoid that horrid fate. And since Sachiko cannot be harmed… they’re going to have to find some other way to get her to stop.

And maybe they even redeem themselves a bit along the way. Or not, they’re both kinda jerks, really.

Looking back at this, a crossover between Charlie Angels and the A-Team (from their original TV shows) would probably be interesting. Maybe throw Knight Rider in there for a bit of extra fun.

I used to read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, though I think it lost it's way. I feel like Alan Moore used to write characters, but stopped doing that to become post-modern. Everything became about the allusions and it lost its soul. (The last one I enjoyed was The Black Dossier, though even that was pushing it.)

Those mock teams are hilarious, though. I had no idea that existed. Thanks for posting!

I don’t know anything about pop culture or fandom lol, but just to be mischievous I would probably try to write a really messy satirical fanfic that would be so horribly written that it would somehow become a bestseller.

Some really trash novels with terrible writing have ended up on bestseller lists. How? No idea. But it would be a funny thing to attempt ironically.

I used to read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, though I think it lost it's way. I feel like Alan Moore used to write characters, but stopped doing that to become post-modern. Everything became about the allusions and it lost its soul. (The last one I enjoyed was The Black Dossier, though even that was pushing it.)

Those mock teams are hilarious, though. I had no idea that existed. Thanks for posting!

I've not read all of it yet (seen bits and pieces here and there of the later stuff) so I can't compare, but the fact he threw so many ideas together while getting around some copyrighted characters is something I liked - like having Harry Potter fighting Mary Poppins but not calling either of them by their real names and changing their appearance enough so they're not instantly recognizable.

I've not read all of it yet (seen bits and pieces here and there of the later stuff) so I can't compare, but the fact he threw so many ideas together while getting around some copyrighted characters is something I liked - like having Harry Potter fighting Mary Poppins but not calling either of them by their real names and changing their appearance enough so they're not instantly recognizable.
I believe that many, if not all, of the figures are in the public domain. Mary P might be, too.

I got this idea after reading through the various leagues in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen series - more specifically the American "Spoof" teams, which included the following teams and their missions:

Team 01 (1979) - Led by Oscar Goldman (The Six Million Dollar Man), this team consisted of his colleague Steve Austin (The Six Million Dollar Man), Rocky Balboa (Rocky), Frank Serpico (Serpico), Jill Monroe (Charlie's Angels), John Shaft (Shaft) and Bo "Bandit" Darville (Smokey and the Bandit) teaming up to take down an army of the living dead - led by Dr. Han (Enter the Dragon).

Team 02 (1988) - Led by Professor Emmet Brown (Back to the Future), this team was summoned after war-hero-turned-handyman Kesuke Miyagi (The Karate Kid) was found dead and drained of blood. The team, consisting of Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China), B. A. Barracus (The A-Team), Angus MacGyver (MacGyver) and the mysterious "Lisa" (Weird Science), was assembled to take down the culprit; the revived vampire kingpin Tony Montana (Scarface) and his occult gang followers (The Lost Boys) as the villains seek to take down all who can stop them achieving complete domination of America.
loeg88.jpg

Team 03 (1980s) - It's unknown who the leader of this team was or who they were summoned to fight, but the team consisted of Kevin Flynn (Tron), Max Headroom (The Max Headroom Show), Scott Howard (Teen Wolf), Inspector Sledge Hammer (Sledge Hammer!), Carmen Sandiego (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?), Connor MacLeod (Highlander), KITT (Knight Rider), Egon Spengler (Ghostbusters) and Pizzazz of The Misfits (Jem & The Holograms).

Team 04 (1996) - When Agent Mulder (The X-Files) disappears following an investigation into why the alien race known as the Purity (The X-Files) have introduced a technologically derived drug known as Playback (Strange Days) to Earth - which is made from distilled human memories and takes the world by storm - his colleague Agent Scully reactivates the "LXG" protocol.
The new team consists of Detective-Inspector “Tequila” Yuen (Hard Boiled), Nancy Downs (The Craft), Zack Morris (Saved by the Bell), Rufus (Bill & Ted) and “Edward” (Edward Scissorhands) - with the group moving to stop the Purity as its learned that Playback is been used to condition humanity to obey the Purity; allowing them to use humanity as soldiers to defend the Purity's homeworld from an incursion of Kandarian Demons (Evil Dead/Army of Darkness).
lxg1996.jpg

As you can probably guess, this post is just for a bit of fun - seeing which characters you would include in a crossover and what threats/challenges they'd have to overcome.
So, if you want to give it a shot, I'd like to see what you come up with.
Wait...what??? What???? WAAAAAAAAAHTTTT????!!! How have I never heard of this before!!!?? I love this!!!! This is awesome! And kinda weird as I was just thinking about something along these lines associated with Star Trek!

I just got finished watching a TrekYards video on YouTube. Much has been speculated about a brief scene where we see (just in case anyone hasn't seen Picard S3E6 I will insert it as a spoiler)
The body of James T. Kirk in some sort of stasis
So I really would love to see him somehow return. I guess it's not quite a crossover, but I really love seeing my favourite characters from my favourite series joining forces.

I totally have to read these League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comics now! This is like nerd nirvana for me! I almost can't contain my glee at seeing this!!!! :)

Oh darnit, I'm such an idiot, I must have missed the "spoof" bit when I was reading the first post. I can't express how disappointed I am that the comic books were just spoofs :disrelieved:

It would have been so incredibly awesome if they were real!

Oh darnit, I'm such an idiot, I must have missed the "spoof" bit when I was reading the first post. I can't express how disappointed I am that the comic books were just spoofs :disrelieved:

It would have been so incredibly awesome if they were real!

The American versions are spoofs - done as April Fools jokes - but The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is a genuine comic series.
It's first story involves Mina Harker (Dracula) and Campion Bond (an OG character for the story who is the Grandfather of James Bond) recruiting Alan Quartermaine (King Solomon's Mines), Captain Nemo (20,000 Leagues Under The Sea), Hawley Griffin (The Invisible Man) and Dr. Jekyll (Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde) to recover a stolen sample of the anti-gravity substance "Cavorite" (First Men in the Moon) from Fu Manchu before later trying to recover it from Professor James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes) - with both villains intending to build an armed airship to attack Britain.

The second story showed the League been brought together again to stop an invasion of the Molluscs (the Martians from The War of the Worlds) after an attempt to kill them with an alliance of John Carter and the Green Martians (Princess of Mars), Gullivar Jones and the Hither People (Lieut. Gullivar Jones: His Vacation) and the Séroni (Out of the Silent Planet) only serves to drive the Mollucs off Mars - with the League ultimately turning to Dr. Moreau (The Island of Doctor Moreau) for a solution.

On a side note, I find it interesting that your username is Mildred Hubble, as one of the future comics involves the characters exploring the ruins of Hogwarts (referred to as "The Invisible College") and in one of the images there's a reference to Weirdsister College (the sequel TV series to The Worst Witch).
(Additionally, the "bodies" of Thomas (Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends), Ivor (Ivor the Engine) and Worzel (Worzel Gummidge) can be seen on the Hogwart's grounds).

latest

The American versions are spoofs - done as April Fools jokes - but The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is a genuine comic series.
It's first story involves Mina Harker (Dracula) and Campion Bond (an OG character for the story who is the Grandfather of James Bond) recruiting Alan Quartermaine (King Solomon's Mines), Captain Nemo (20,000 Leagues Under The Sea), Hawley Griffin (The Invisible Man) and Dr. Jekyll (Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde) to recover a stolen sample of the anti-gravity substance "Cavorite" (First Men in the Moon) from Fu Manchu before later trying to recover it from Professor James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes) - with both villains intending to build an armed airship to attack Britain.

The second story showed the League been brought together again to stop an invasion of the Molluscs (the Martians from The War of the Worlds) after an attempt to kill them with an alliance of John Carter and the Green Martians (Princess of Mars), Gullivar Jones and the Hither People (Lieut. Gullivar Jones: His Vacation) and the Séroni (Out of the Silent Planet) only serves to drive the Mollucs off Mars - with the League ultimately turning to Dr. Moreau (The Island of Doctor Moreau) for a solution.

On a side note, I find it interesting that your username is Mildred Hubble, as one of the future comics involves the characters exploring the ruins of Hogwarts (referred to as "The Invisible College") and in one of the images there's a reference to Weirdsister College (the sequel TV series to The Worst Witch).
(Additionally, the "bodies" of Thomas (Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends), Ivor (Ivor the Engine) and Worzel (Worzel Gummidge) can be seen on the Hogwart's grounds).

latest
I enjoyed the movie! It kinda set up for a sequel, but I imagine due to it not performing so we'll, it never happened.

I really like the premise though! Even Mr Hyde gets to be a hero. I think it's pretty wonderful when they do things like that and redeem a character that everyone expects to be a villain.

I was trying to imagine a crossover involving the original Mildred Hubble! I was thinking Neil Gaiman should be commissioned to finish the series of the Worst Witch books. I suspect that Jill Murphy had one more book planned based on how the last book ended.

I really liked Never where by Neil Gaiman, so I thought maybe a crossover with the characters from both books. Door could create a gateway into Miss Cackle's Academy for Witches and the curious Mildred walks through with Tabby, Star (her dog) and Einstein (her pet tortoise) and lots of fun stuff happens that I haven't imagined yet! :)

I enjoyed the movie! It kinda set up for a sequel, but I imagine due to it not performing so we'll, it never happened.

I really like the premise though! Even Mr Hyde gets to be a hero. I think it's pretty wonderful when they do things like that and redeem a character that everyone expects to be a villain.

I was trying to imagine a crossover involving the original Mildred Hubble! I was thinking Neil Gaiman should be commissioned to finish the series of the Worst Witch books. I suspect that Jill Murphy had one more book planned based on how the last book ended.

I really liked Never where by Neil Gaiman, so I thought maybe a crossover with the characters from both books. Door could create a gateway into Miss Cackle's Academy for Witches and the curious Mildred walks through with Tabby, Star (her dog) and Einstein (her pet tortoise) and lots of fun stuff happens that I haven't imagined yet! :)
Yeah, the movie really screwed with the comic lore - like randomly shoving Dorian Gray and Tom Sawyer into the mix and turning Mina Harker into a vampire, along with robbing her leadership role from her. On top of that, the movie is full of plot holes like having gunpowder explosives been used underwater and Captain Nemo somehow getting the Nautilus (the movie design of which I don't like) up the River Seine to Paris among many others.
Additionally, I much prefer the comic - where my favourite heroic moment for Hyde is when he takes down a Martian Tripod.

As for the "Weirdsister College" reference, here we go. Had to blank the last panel and the swear words, but you can still see it:
Magia.jpg

Yeah, the movie really screwed with the comic lore - like randomly shoving Dorian Gray and Tom Sawyer into the mix and turning Mina Harker into a vampire, along with robbing her leadership role from her. On top of that, the movie is full of plot holes like having gunpowder explosives been used underwater and Captain Nemo somehow getting the Nautilus (the movie design of which I don't like) up the River Seine to Paris among many others.
Additionally, I much prefer the comic - where my favourite heroic moment for Hyde is when he takes down a Martian Tripod.

As for the "Weirdsister College" reference, here we go. Had to blank the last panel and the swear words, but you can still see it:
View attachment 99670
Wow! The original Mildred has certainly influenced the world more than I could ever have imagined! :) I'm so proud of her! :)

I've never seen the Weirdsister series. I really love the books though! I read the first 3 when I was a kid. I only found out that there had been others written recently! I bought the whole collection and read them way quicker than I did when I was a kid :)

I'm not really someone that reads an awful lot of fiction, but those books feel really special to me :)

Wow! The original Mildred has certainly influenced the world more than I could ever have imagined! :) I'm so proud of her! :)

I've never seen the Weirdsister series. I really love the books though! I read the first 3 when I was a kid. I only found out that there had been others written recently! I bought the whole collection and read them way quicker than I did when I was a kid :)

I'm not really someone that reads an awful lot of fiction, but those books feel really special to me :)

Well, credit where credit is due. I never read past the first Worst Witch book myself and to be honest, I think I only read it because of the 1990's TV series - that opening theme of the girls singing the school song while showing Mildred and the other witches flying into school on their broomsticks is still stuck in my head all this time later.
As for Weirdsister College, it's hit-and-miss for me but - if you find it - your opinion will probably differ - with this scene always sticking out for me as it's the last time we see Miss Hardbroom:

Outside of that, the only other Worst Witch-related media I've seen is the 1980's movie with Tim Curry as the Grand Wizard. Try and keep a straight face while watching this:

Well, credit where credit is due. I never read past the first Worst Witch book myself and to be honest, I think I only read it because of the 1990's TV series - that opening theme of the girls singing the school song while showing Mildred and the other witches flying into school on their broomsticks is still stuck in my head all this time later.
As for Weirdsister College, it's hit-and-miss for me but - if you find it - your opinion will probably differ - with this scene always sticking out for me as it's the last time we see Miss Hardbroom:

Outside of that, the only other Worst Witch-related media I've seen is the 1980's movie with Tim Curry as the Grand Wizard. Try and keep a straight face while watching this:
The Tim Curry film was the first time I was introduced to the Worst Witch! Back when it first aired many years ago! We recorded it onto VHS and I damn near wore the VCR out I watched it so much! :) I also believe this was the same year hurricane Mildred hit the UK! The weatherman Michael Fish confidently told everyone that it was nothing to worry about!

Miss Hardbroom is always so unkind to Mildred, she's literally saved Miss Cackle's Academy at least 5 times, found lost treasure and won a swimming pool for the school! That's not bad going! No one else at the Academy achieved so much. :)

I watched the original movie and eventually got the first book. I saw a little of a new Series of the Worst Witch on the BBC iPlayer, it was pretty good, but I suspect I'm not in the target age group for that. Of course the same could be said of the books but no one is going to take them from me! :)

I used to have vivid dreams when I was a kid, where I was at Miss Cackle's Academy :)

The Tim Curry film was the first time I was introduced to the Worst Witch!

One time I was in New York to see a friend. It was night and I was making a call, on the edge of the sidewalk, right in front of a store. I looked up for a second and Tim Curry was walking by, looking at me. That might be the weirdest moment of my life. :)

One time I was in New York to see a friend. It was night and I was making a call, on the edge of the sidewalk, right in front of a store. I looked up for a second and Tim Curry was walking by, looking at me. That might be the weirdest moment of my life. :)
That's really cool! :) My mother told me that the priest at our local church was Tim Curry's brother. But to be honest, she told me a lot of things like that and when the truth comes out, it has caused me quite a lot of embarrassment. I've never been able to verify her claims. So it's probably just another one of her many tall tales.

In regards to big crossovers, I saw in a review by Linkara - as part of his "Atop the Fourth Wall" series - a large scale crossover in IDW comics called Revolution, which involved the following Hasbro properties crossing over in a shared universe:

Transformers
G.I. Joe
M.A.S.K
Action Man
Micronauts
Rom the SpaceKnight

According to what I've read, Visionaries also becomes part of the crossover side of this shared universe (the Spectral Knights and Darkling Lords creating their own "New Prysmos" on Cybertron after their homeworld gets destroyed), while Jem and the Holograms and Clue are part of the shared universe but not part of the crossovers.

How about a crossover with the Muppets and Winnie the Pooh? I think it could work and I can see everyone becoming good friends with Winnie and his friends and all of them doing something fun together.

New Threads

Top Bottom