• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you could have a superpower or superpowers...

The ability to teleport anywhere, even if I've never been there.

Makes me think of the film "Jumper", where the main character discovers he can teleport and just goes 'jumping' all over the place.
(The film was okay, but nothing spectacular).

Depends on my mood really, as with pretty much most of my choices and desires these days. Sometimes I wish I could be able to become invisible. Other times I feel like the ability to teleport would be good. A lot of the time I feel like wiping people's memories (like the neuralyzers from the "Men in Black" movies) would be a good idea; I'd probably use that superpower on myself often. And recently, I've been wishing that I could turn into a demonic goat-human hybrid (like something straight out of a Chris Moyen drawing) whenever it's a full moon out.

But I always hope that one day I'll wake up with a superpower that apparently everyone else was born with, and that is having an ounce of social skills. I walk like a lopsided fatass, I enjoy things that are at best "weird" and at worst "filth", I talk about them obsessively, people try to drop the hint, it flies right over my head, and before I know it they're all ganging up and bullying me just for being myself. Nice!

I'm not asking to be like everyone else, with a North Face jacket and Uggs, and listen to Nicki Minaj and all that sh*t, but I just want to be able to navigate trap-ridden this labyrinth of a world in a way that's good enough so that I get all the things that my friends seem to take for granted.

Sorry about the off-topic rant.

New Threads

Top Bottom