• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you could go to your favorite place for the next 10 days, where would you be?

Hawaii, or Canada. Completely different places lol but both places I love being in.

(My own photos)

Kihei, Maui, Hawaii
DSC_0074.jpg

Quebec, Canada
IMG_1345.JPG

I am surprised to see all those in Michigan. I normally spend my 4th of July weekend in Old Mission on the peninsula north of Traverse City - fishing and smoking my pipe. My two older brothers have cottages there. The water is crystal clear, deep blue, and serene. Here is a photo of the peninsula overlooking a vineyard in sight of West Grand Traverse Bay:
upload_2022-7-4_3-6-17.jpeg

But I would rather go to Italy to see my relatives who I have not seen in a long while.

Last edited:
:DHighway One from the Golden Gate up to Portland OR.
Spend a day in each of the scenic areas and certainly the Redwood Forest and Big Sur areas.
Maybe more than a day in those in an RV. :minibus:

If it were 10 days in November it would be the Arizona Desert and Flagstaff areas.
Revisiting the Grand Canyon and all the places I remember with attachment since
I was born in AZ.

A few different landscape photos:
hunts-meas-lookout-over-monument-valley-russ-harris.jpg

Crater3.jpg

Sedonamts.jpg

:D

One more viewpoint of the region south of Manyberries, the loneliest place I've been on the prairies, one gravel road, three hours of driving without seeing another vehicle, this is an abandoned school... One friend of mine says that it's the loneliest he has ever felt on the prairies...

View attachment 81025
That is an amazing photo. So beautifully desolate! I love it!

Hawaii, or Canada. Completely different places lol but both places I love being in.

(My own photos)

Kihei, Maui, Hawaii
View attachment 81026

^ Wonderful place. I'd love to go back. The most excellent restaurant was in Kehei from what I recall: Pita Paradise. The owner/chef fished in the morning and served his catch as fresh as could be in the little restaurant.

Hawaii...yeah. Another golden paradise of a place. That's actually where I would like to live, If I was an American, that or California. The nicer parts of Cali. Not Los Angeles.

I was there right before the pandemic began. Talk about good timing!
Mecca of Anime. Right. Safe to say you love all things Japan? Yeah, Tokyo, was heavily westernized post ww2. Cartoons. That's all I know about Japan culturally, really.

Mecca of Anime. Right. Safe to say you love all things Japan? Yeah, Tokyo, was heavily westernized post ww2. Cartoons. That's all I know about Japan culturally, really.

It is very cliche to say this but Japan is really a mixture of tradition and modernism, and has a very unique culture. (trying to sound intellectual lol i am actually just a weeaboo)

Japan is homogeneous culture. I hear an employee could be guaranteed a job for life. Maybe thats changed now. I know bits and pieces of Japan culture. But still, I'm an outsider looking in. I don't pretend to understand it, or get the nuances. Yeah I've heard that term. Also "Otaku." I don't know if I would class myself as one though. I don't think I qualify. The closest I came was being obsessed with Pokemon in my youth.

Somewhere in the backwoods of Idaho. Somewhere it would take the Jeep to get there.

Is that a town in Germany, or does it just look like it?

Yes, it's a famous view called Plonlein in Rothenburg Op De Tauber in Germany. It is the best preserved medieval city in Germany with all its town walls and bastions intact. It has survived due to two fortuious events where attackers spared the city.

The first was during the 30 Years War and the second was in WWII. In the second a German unit had taken up defensive positions in the city and planned to defend it. But by chance the American officer commanding the attackers had visited and loved the city before the war and called a parley and asked the Germans to withdraw and save the town from destruction, which they did. The American commander was made an honorary town citizen after the war.

The first was even stranger but uncertain if true. The Catholic Army under General Tilly besieged the City and broke thru a section on wall overnight. Before releasing his army to pillage and burn the city to the ground the city leaders, possibly accompanied by the town's children, appealed to him for leinancy and offered him a huge almost gallon sized tankard of beer. Tilly said if the mayor of the town could drink it all in one go, he would spare the town. The mayor, Nusch by name, downed it all and the city wasn't destroyed. Or at least that is how the story goes. This event, 'The Meistertrunk' is commemorated in animated characters on the church bell tower overlooking the main town square.

^ Wonderful place. I'd love to go back. The most excellent restaurant was in Kehei from what I recall: Pita Paradise. The owner/chef fished in the morning and served his catch as fresh as could be in the little restaurant.

Yes! There are some amazing restaurants in Kihei.
My favorite was Alexander’s but it’s gone now :(

5719D315-F09B-49CF-B9CB-17D508EA7CBC.jpeg
EF5F4130-1E85-4B49-91FA-8CE6A17BE681.jpeg

there is no place where you can relax, when you carry the stress inside you. because no matter where you go, you take the stress with you.

but in general, I like to be on wide places in nature, with a friend, without any person insight.

New Threads

Top Bottom