• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

New flavour or original peppermint?

Whichever stings the most. I want to use it on people who cut me off in traffic or are rude, etc. Oh and for politicians also. I'd like to be able to do it when they are giving a speech and its some real BS.

Whichever stings the most. I want to use it on people who cut me off in traffic or are rude, etc. Oh and for politicians also. I'd like to be able to do it when they are giving a speech and its some real BS.

If I had to guess, my money's on cinnamon.

Having a dimmer switch on the "justice gene" and whatever else causes me to stand against the crowd. Like Vanilla, I'd really like the whole employment situation to just, you know, work.

But seriously... I wish I could get my jaw and teeth fixed. My face grew in crooked and as a result my teeth don't line up right, also my sense of smell isn't great. Unfortunately, the surgery is expensive even with insurance (US resident). I think getting it fixed would do wonders for my self-confidence.

I like my personality and I really don't want to have any surgery. I think I would change my learning abilities. Learning for me doesn't come easy. I spend hours just to learn a few things and I don't retain a lot. I learn by hands on and repetition. That would be my wish - that I could learn things easily, retain them and then put them to good use.

Same here. I hate being mediocre, but alas.

Otherwise, I wish I could fly. That way, I can go anyplace without paying the airline industry. I'd retire, fly, and live off my savings.

I would be more confident in who I am. I don't really know. I have a lot of issues with people pushing down on me, so I'm a little withheld.

I really hope no one interprets this as me being superficial, but I'll be brutally honest with you all. If I wasn't so fat and ugly, I think people would like me more. I'm not asking to be the toast of the town; I just want to be accepted.

If I were to pick the top thing that I would change about myself it would be my memory. Over the years has involved a large amount of meds and it has taken a toll on my memory. It is really really bad and impacts me everyday.

I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but I've always wanted to change my skin. I get excema (i think that's how it's spelled) too easily. Excema is pretty much dry skin to the extreme. In the wintertime it's awful on my hands. My hands turn red and cracked. It feels like my hands are on fire. It used to be worse though. Until I got therapeutic gloves that lock in moisture and special lotion, my hands would start bleeding randomly at least once every day during the winter. I really wish there was a way to stop it from happening permanently. Another thing I'd like is great eyesight, so I don't have to wear glasses anymore.

I'd love to have really mean mental math skills. It's one of those things I've managed to work on to some extent, but I just never really get *there* with it.

I'd love to have really mean mental math skills. It's one of those things I've managed to work on to some extent, but I just never really get *there* with it.
This happens to be my new special interest. I just started reading Benjamin Arthur's book yesterday and it's pretty good. The last two weeks I've been working on calculating the day of the week for any date. People think you're a savant if you can tell them the day of the week for a date decades in the future, but it's actually easy.

The thing I would change about myself is to be more motivated. I want to be able to complete the things I start and start things I've always wanted to do.

I really hope no one interprets this as me being superficial, but I'll be brutally honest with you all. If I wasn't so fat and ugly, I think people would like me more. I'm not asking to be the toast of the town; I just want to be accepted.
Maybe we are not supposed to make follow up comments here (I don't know) ???? BUT I am anyway. :p

You have posted several pictures of yourself in the 'Post a Photo of Yourself' thread, & you are NOT fat & ugly. You are actually a handsome young man. Honestly.

I understand your feeling that way about yourself though because most teenagers (plus pre & post teen years) think of themselves as fat & ugly when it's not what everyone else sees.

(I don't think it really makes a big difference if follow-up comments are made, so long as things don't veer too far off-topic.)

I appreciate your compliments and empathy. But honestly, I may not be entirely ugly, but I do need to loose weight. I have a disgusting set of man-boobs and gut. I take my selfies at an angle to make myself appear less fat.

To bring things back in a bit, I guess I could also say that I wish I didn't fixate on and agonize over my own paranoia revolving around social situations.

(I don't think it really makes a big difference if follow-up comments are made, so long as things don't veer too far off-topic.)

I appreciate your compliments and empathy. But honestly, I may not be entirely ugly, but I do need to loose weight. I have a disgusting set of man-boobs and gut. I take my selfies at an angle to make myself appear less fat.

To bring things back in a bit, I guess I could also say that I wish I didn't fixate on and agonize over my own paranoia revolving around social situations.
Pick up the book "Fit or Fat", it's one of the best fitness books ever (IMO) & will help you know exactly how to achieve a healthy fitness & thus lose weight. It sounds cliche, but it is true: it is easier for young people to get fit & lose weight. Read that book & you will see (if not already) the difference between dieting versus eating healthy; & getting fit versus burning calories.

As for weight training to tone & build some muscle, there are great instructional videos on the internet & you can get by with doing some basic weight training exercises just twice weekly. (Even once a week is okay & better than none!)

After your school finishes up, if you really want to, you can spend a short amount of time every day doing some exercise. NO PRESSURE but just know that it is definitely doable.

And sorry for always bombarding you (& some of the other younger members) with unsolicited advice! Your feelings are legitimate & relevant! I just know that you have your whole lives ahead of you, & so many more opportunities & possibilities than you could imagine! And I just like to share or pass on tips & ideas from my own life to give you a little inspiration & 'cheat sheet'. ;)

The Ultimate Fit or Fat by Covert Bailey | 9780618002047 | Paperback | Barnes & Noble

Last edited:
What I enjoy most about exercise is that it releases feel-good hormones dopamine and serotonin.
I find the desire for a boost of mood to be all the motivation I need to get moving. I always feel better after I exercise. I try to keep in mind that it's not about what my body looks like, but what it can do for me. I work on being stronger, faster, more agile, and more flexible. If I can do more physically, chances are, it shows externally, if not my physique then in my increased confidence.

New Threads

Top Bottom