• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If I wasn't aspie could I learn to drive? I hate taxis.

I drive well, even stick shift, and I feel I understand a car's operation and handling better with AS traits, especially in bad weather. But at the same time, I don't like driving or being in the city, and will avoid it whenever possible. I settle for making half as much money, and not having so many options available to me. For me the peace is worth it.

ive got low mussle tone with my autism and bad motor skills and people hate me for needing them to drive me around and it isnt my fault i want to drive but i couldnt it would be too complicated too much to concentrate on id have accidnet my number 1 nightmare is driving and failing at it going down wrong side of road and thins like that

For myself; probably? I have a lot more issues than just autism but I'm not sure how much of it would exist without it. Driving is just too overwhelming, too many people and I'm so afraid of making a mistake.

I managed to last for over two weeks without taking a cab but I needed one today when I got back to doing my regular grocery shopping. And for a second time since I last had to take cab home I had a complete meltdown from waiting over half an hour for the stupid cab to arrive. In the freezing cold. Although I'm glad it was because otherwise all the frozen food I'd bought would have thawed out and be inedible.

They always say they're really busy but give no explanation why, they don't tell me how long it will take for the cab to arrive, they hang up before I can ask them and get frustrated and disgusted by their vagueness, and when they finally do arrive there are at least five other people who get to go in them before me. It didn't seem this bad before. If I can't get around in a cab anymore I might as well move back in with my parents.

I really am a loser. No car. No job. No life.:weary:

I wanted to get an Uber home from Drakehouse Retail Park today, the fare estimate was £12.80, I iwas like, screw that, quicker and cheaper to get the Tram back.

Also, call me tight but I object on principle to paying Uber's "surge pricing" after 6 PM and during the "School run" hours of 8 to 9 AM, although depending what time the carer comes tomorrow, I might have to use an Uber to get to College before 10 AM, if I don't have time to be on the 9.30 AM Meadowhall bound Tram.

New Threads

Top Bottom