• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ideas for future Superhero movies/adaptions?

AGXStarseed

Do you have any ideas for future superhero movies - whether they're original ideas or adaptions of other works?
I've got some ideas here:

1. Superhero-Horror Movie: A movie that focuses on the perspectives of the hero and the villain. In the film, the villain - part of a large criminal syndicate - succeeds in defeating the hero and pours salt into the wound by been responsible for the death of the hero's family.
What follows is the hero's slow mental deterioration due to his guilt at failing to save his family which results in discarding his moral codes to bring the villains down, while also dealing with the villain trying to find a way to put the hero down permanently as his fear grows with the hero gruesomely picking off his syndicate.

2. Superhero-Futuristic Movie: An accident grants a young teenager a variety of superpowers. However, in this future a lot of what would be considered superpowers are now perfectly feasible thanks to technology that is easily accessible to the governments and rich elites, so initially his powers aren't much of a big deal outside of making his days a bit simpler.
However, the world is brought to its knees when a new villain manages to take over all technology - leaving the protagonist and a group of followers to try and stop the villain in a literal 'me against the world' scenario where everything can get at you.

3. Adaption of The Impossibles: Rather then doing what a lot of modern adaptions do where they bring the film into the current era and try to update it with millennial language and smartphones, etc. I'd do the opposite and leave it in the 60's era where it was set. Also, I'd keep the tone rather than doing what a lot of reboots do where they make it 'dark and gritty' (after all, The Impossibles was a spoof both of The Beatles and Superhero shows in general).

4. Adaption of Defenders of the Earth: A potentially popular crossover idea which shows Flash Gordon teaming up with the Phantom, Mandrake the Magician and Mandrake's assistant Lothar to battle Ming the Merciless.
Apparently a Mandrake movie is in the works, so maybe they could go the Marvel route and introduce Phantom and Flash Gordon in their own movies before doing making Defenders of the Earth in an Avengers-style crossover.
Here's the intro for the original animated tv series - with Stan Lee responsible for the lyrics - and the first episode:

Last edited:
I'd like to see a live action movie of Banana Man, although I'm sure Hollywood would mess it up, contrary to popular belief, Dwayne Johnson has the screen presence of a Fish and can't act IMO, apart from Moana, most of his movies suck.

I'd like to see a live action movie of Banana Man, although I'm sure Hollywood would mess it up, contrary to popular belief, Dwayne Johnson has the screen presence of a Fish and can't act IMO, apart from Moana, most of his movies suck.

I think a live action version of Bananaman was actually in the works for a long time - at least according to Wikipedia: Bananaman - Wikipedia
Agreed with you on Dwayne Johnson - I liked his song "You're Welcome" from Moana; he's not a brilliant singer, but you could tell while he sung that he was having a lot of fun and that definitely helped.

New Threads

Top Bottom