1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I was held back.

Discussion in 'Education and Employment' started by BrokenBoy, May 8, 2021.

1. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Does your state force graduation at 18 ?,some US states allow you to leave at 16 or 17, if not you're stuck .
    From what I remember I didn't feel free when I left, you are still subject to a police state at the time there were huge dole (unemployment benefit the irony)queues it's still unkind humans inaway it's more of a shock as you are forced to encounter them after days of avoiding them ,college tutors aren't in a parent role any longer so even less aid\help

2. Gift2humanity

Gift2humanity Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

We all do things/ fail to do things which annoy us - go easy on yourself.
    Einstein was told he was thick headed(not those words) look at him.
    Richard Branson is dyslexic, he didn't let that stand in his way.
    Look at the great Stephen Hawking and all of his difficulties, and how successful he was.