• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I was held back.

I was told I was held back yesterday. I have to attend the fall semester to graduate. It makes me feel upset. I do not like anyone at school so the fact that next year will have physical classes due to decreasing cases of COVID means I have to suffer for months. It's so unfair...

People tell me to not give up on life but people who get held back are major losers. Name one rich guy who got held back. So embarassing.
I was told I was held back yesterday. I have to attend the fall semester to graduate. It makes me feel upset. I do not like anyone at school so the fact that next year will have physical classes due to decreasing cases of COVID means I have to suffer for months. It's so unfair...

People tell me to not give up on life but people who get held back are major losers. Name one rich guy who got held back. So embarassing.
Does your state force graduation at 18 ?,some US states allow you to leave at 16 or 17, if not you're stuck .
From what I remember I didn't feel free when I left, you are still subject to a police state at the time there were huge dole (unemployment benefit the irony)queues it's still unkind humans inaway it's more of a shock as you are forced to encounter them after days of avoiding them ,college tutors aren't in a parent role any longer so even less aid\help

We all do things/ fail to do things which annoy us - go easy on yourself.
Einstein was told he was thick headed(not those words) look at him.
Richard Branson is dyslexic, he didn't let that stand in his way.
Look at the great Stephen Hawking and all of his difficulties, and how successful he was.

Aww, that's too bad. I don't know how my brother feels about it now, we haven't spoken of it in 60 years. I think my mother managed to make him feel ok about it, but she was furious with the flunking teacher, mentioning that she says "ain't" and other substandard English.
My sister is doing very well in her career looking to retire soon does not want to go back to the office once covid ends. last time I talkrEd to her they gave her stock options.

I finally went back to school yesterday. I had a meltdown today. Life sucks.

Maybe it's just me, but in my memory, school itself always seemed like just a sort of long meltdown in slow motion. Which was filled with idiots and completely pointless homework that I typically never bothered to do.

I'm so sorry about that, I nearly was held back from graduating from high school on time because during my last semester and I know the possibility of it sucks so having to live it must be absolutely miserable. In the middle of my last year, I developed sudden unexplained chronic pain in my right arm/back/shoulder so it hurt to write and I couldn't complete most of my classes. They gave me a home tutor so I could graduate since they wanted me to be on time due to how much work I had put in from earlier years since normally I was really good with completing my homework on time. Otherwise if they hadn't given me a tutor I would've had to retake the next year since they don't do individual semesters.

If this helps you at all, Achilles (who fought in Troy), was theorized to have constant depression from some sources I've read and due to it being so bad he in fact dressed up several times as a girl and no one really noticed he escaped for a few days from having to fight in a war.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but in my memory, school itself always seemed like just a sort of long meltdown in slow motion. Which was filled with idiots and completely pointless homework that I typically never bothered to do.
No, what happened is because the school doesn't have you moving between classes anymore so I was stuck with a teacher and classmate whom I both despise for all 5 hours of school. I was already so sick of them by the second day it lead to a meltdown.

I don't know what I'm gonna do tomorrow. It's just gonna happen again if nothing is done about this situation. I hate my life.

No, what happened is because the school doesn't have you moving between classes anymore so I was stuck with a teacher and classmate whom I both despise for all 5 hours of school. I was already so sick of them by the second day it lead to a meltdown.

I don't know what I'm gonna do tomorrow. It's just gonna happen again if nothing is done about this situation. I hate my life.

Huh... really?

Has it been that way for awhile? That you just stay in one place all day? Is that just how it's done now?

I mean, I have no way of knowing... I graduated way back in 2000, and it was about 45 minutes per class with a ridiculous 5 minutes (in a giant school) to get from one to the next. I never figured out how they expected anyone to really manage that. Then again, I also have trouble imagining having to stay in any one specific class all bloody day. The class transitions were what seemed to mark the day's time going by....

Huh... really?

Has it been that way for awhile? That you just stay in one place all day? Is that just how it's done now?
It depends on the school. Anyways, last year the school used to have you go to multiple classes but it seems to have changed now. It sucks having to be with people I don't like for 5 hours straight. I thought it would take longer for me to lash out, not my second day.

New Threads

Top Bottom