• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want to keep celebrating Christmas.

Wolfnox

V.I.P Member
At some point all the family I have will be gone. Leaving me alone. I've watched it happen gradually. At some point I'll be alone for Christmas. I've debated if I would continue to celebrate it if that came to pass.
I will. A year without Christmas is sad. And in memory of the family who wants me to be happy. For that I can celebrate.

At some point all the family I have will be gone. Leaving me alone. I've watched it happen gradually. At some point I'll be alone for Christmas. I've debated if I would continue to celebrate it if that came to pass.
I will. A year without Christmas is sad. And in memory of the family who wants me to be happy. For that I can celebrate.

I think this way too, sometimes, and it makes me put in the effort to spend time with people and make memories now. I think sometimes these feelings of future loss really help to treasure the current moments.

It’s wonderful knowing that you have a family who wants you to be happy. My elderly parents want that for me and I am exceptionally grateful and try to appreciate it while they are still here.

Keeping good memories alive by celebrating is so very nice. Of course we mourn those who are gone, but I think it quite appropriate to find reason to celebrate. I hope that I will be like that in the future.

that is valid, celebrating christmas to keep the memories and cheer yourself up is a good thing to do.

In that instance, I suppose passing on the joy to others might fill you with happiness and purpose. Volunteer at a children's charity or at a family shelter on Christmas. Pass out gift bags to the homeless. Things like that will bring immeasurable holiday cheer to people who have very little.

I wish everyone the best that is concerned about the spirits of Christmas' future.

Already went through that and now have no family. I won't kid you; it is tough.
The spirit of remembering Christmas' past, that were good, is a two- way sword.
It can be mournful, and it can bring mixed emotions. But it can give you the
push to celebrate in memory and keep the love alive. :evergreen:

I'm not into Christmas nor family. But I can still relate to what you're saying (in my case it's events and friends). It's a good thing that you want to hold on to things that make you feel good. I know a lot of people who at some point had to spend Christmas alone, for various reasons. I also know a lot of people who started going out, inviting friends, volunteering so they wouldn't be alone.
You don't have to give up Christmas,even if you may have to allow it to change a bit.

In that instance, I suppose passing on the joy to others might fill you with happiness and purpose. Volunteer at a children's charity or at a family shelter on Christmas. Pass out gift bags to the homeless. Things like that will bring immeasurable holiday cheer to people who have very little.
Considered it. May just make private donations or help set up. Still, spooky around crowds.

I wish everyone the best that is concerned about the spirits of Christmas' future.

Already went through that and now have no family. I won't kid you; it is tough.
The spirit of remembering Christmas' past, that were good, is a two- way sword.
It can be mournful, and it can bring mixed emotions. But it can give you the
push to celebrate in memory and keep the love alive. :evergreen:

I hold out hope of eventually celebrating a Christmas where I don't have to say goodbye anymore.

Wolfnox, when that day comes gather some friends and go caroling. Give presents to people who you suspect might not have any. I don't know if you're religious but Catholics usually go to church at midnight and there's often music before that. Look up the expected etiquette and pop in, you do not have to be a Catholic to visit.

Dress well, invite a friend, and attend a concert of Christmas music. Weave a wreath from holly or evergreens, bake something nice and give it away.

Celebrating is a good thing and I admire your dedication to the custom. I am also a huge fan of Christmas.

I hope the that time is long delayed and when it comes some new people will come into your life and be ones you can share it with.

One thing I hate about Christmas and new year's, every place I normally go to is closed because they all travel out of the city.

New Threads

Top Bottom