• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want to act like a littile child.

Annett doherty

So since I have gotten into my teen years I have slowly realized that I am starting to act like a littile kid.........I know that this sound werid but here's some of my story........so when I was around the age that i should be in kindergarten my parents whould get asked how old I was becuse I was already talking to udults becuse at the time I chould understand udults better that other kids my age (I still understand them better then pepole around my age) and its been like this for as long as I chould remember but now since I have gotten to my teenage years I have sudden urges to act like a littile kid like one time I was siting in a chair in the living room in my house and I asked my mom this question " mommy do you think grandpa will hug me when I see him again" and this was maybe around 2 maybe 3 months after my grandpa died and she looked at me kinda funny and I said " why are you making funny faces mommy?" she then said are you okay and I said I was fine now that was the only time I actually did act like a littile kid in front of some one. But when no one is in the house I act like a littile kid until some one comes back. It's like my brain is trying to make up for my lost childhood. Any help whould be great thank to all that post:)

When I was 16, I secretly played with my dolls. I had a sense of: this is not quite right, but at the same time, I was not a typical 16 year old - in the sense that I felt grown up. Actually it was only when I hit my 40's that I suddenly felt "grown up" or that I had the right to be seen as a woman. But now that I am 46, I cannot seem to grasp that I am a woman and it is scary because one has to be seen as being adult.

I stopped sucking my thumb when I was, I think, 40!

I felt more comfortable with adults too. In school, I would rather chat with my teachers than be with my peers; I found that I felt uncomfortable with their sort of talk.

I still do not feel awfully comfortable with teens today and do not feel at ease with my peers.

Count me in! I grew up preferring the company of adults, they offered much less hoopla! ;) I felt more grounded around adults.

I am at midlife. I feel both mature (deeper understanding, stable, reliable, prioritize my duties, have a sense of 'having overcome myself' in many ways) and childlike (love my stuffed dinosaurs, eat m&ms sometimes, love to swing on swings). I continue to develop in my emotional integrity, understanding, maturity, but I sense I will always be childlike inside, to a degree.

To be honest, remaining in touch with my inner child is a feature of myself that I feel is a significant advantage. Few other adults can take such tremendous, deep, abiding delight in a model train set, a snowfall, a picture book of sea creatures, a bowl of popcorn, or have such happy enthusiasm for cherished special interests.

How nice to forever *feel* like a little child, at least inside! :)

To be honest, remaining in touch with my inner child is a feature of myself that I feel is a significant advantage. Few other adults can take such tremendous, deep, abiding delight in a model train set, a snowfall, a picture book of sea creatures, a bowl of popcorn, or have such happy enthusiasm for cherished special interests.

How nice to forever *feel* like a little child, at least inside! :)

That is because those "few other adults" are feeling the stress of living in a stressful world. Stress bad, feeling like a kid good.

I think we feel additional stress, trying to cope in a world and society more suited for NTs. Add in sensory processing difficulties, auditory processing struggles, and communication challenges, and I think us having extended childhoods of a sort may just be one of the best, most intelligent survival/adaptive coping mechanisms ever.

Annett, I some circles you are what's called a "little". And its widely accepted.... so don't worry about it, you be you. Just make sure you take care of your "grown up stuff" first and foremost. Now, because you are underage I am not willing to explain the whole "little" thing to you, however You seem smart enough to do a little digging on your own. Or when you turn 18, look me up ill explain it then.

New Threads

Top Bottom