• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I think my therapist needed a mental health day from me

cheetoe80

yup she called me last week and told me she had a cold, but I think it's just cause I'm hard for her to deal with.. Can't say I'd blame her. Who here agrees?

I had the same with my Therapist, recently. She did not cancel (But I would not blame her if she did): I was very moody and somewhat aggressive during the session. A bad, triggered mood.

You know it happens that therapists are human too. They do get colds and they do get migraines and things and sometimes things do come up in their personal lives that means they have to cancel or reschedule. It probably has nothing to do with you Cheetoe. Maybe try to remember that your therapist is a human being too, and has family and things that has to be taken care of on their end too and sometimes that means having to reschedule.

You know it happens that therapists are human too. They do get colds and they do get migraines and things and sometimes things do come up in their personal lives that means they have to cancel or reschedule. It probably has nothing to do with you Cheetoe. Maybe try to remember that your therapist is a human being too, and has family and things that has to be taken care of on their end too and sometimes that means having to reschedule.

Exactly. I was told that part of my Asperger's is feeling paranoid. Thinking that everytime someone laughs or walks away it's because they dislike or mock me, when that actually isn't true. It seems like her cancelling the appointment triggered you're social paranoia. Basically, you're more easy to spend time with than you think you are.

Exactly. I was told that part of my Asperger's is feeling paranoid. Thinking that everytime someone laughs or walks away it's because they dislike or mock me, when that actually isn't true. It seems like her cancelling the appointment triggered you're social paranoia. Basically, you're more easy to spend time with than you think you are.

I tend to have the same social paranoia, often thinking that people don't like me or want to deal with me. As someone once told me, "Not everything is about YOU".

I most definitely have this as well. I think things may relate to me, so I get anxious, afraid even, I just feel trapped. I never talk much when this happens.
social paranoia plays a big role in how I act.

Top Bottom