• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I think I'm a psychopath.

You can't be fully emotionless... I mean you do listen to music what you like, you do what you like, you find joy in what your doing. Having fun is an emotion aswell.

But the part where you are telling that you feel like as if your social life is a fake, sounds so familiar
innocent.gif
... I could just talk to anyone and still find him/her a *****
shifty.gif

But i should say; do your own thing! Do what you like and not what your friends would like you to do! Cheer up!
wave.gif
cool.gif

The switching off of your emotions, not wanting friends etc can be a kind of defence mechanism.

I was a bit like that as a teenager. The world can be kind of intimidating when you are a teenager, and throwing AS into the mix just makes it harder. Sometimes it is easier just not to care about anybody or anything. To feel nothing is better than feeling miserable.

I could be wrong, but I think that Aspies are a lot better at switching off their emotions than regular, "NT" type people.

I can't offer a lot of positive, upbeat advice other than to say that being an adult is a lot better than being a teenager. And you are definitely not a psychopath.

"
I could be wrong, but I think that Aspies are a lot better at switching off their emotions than regular, "NT" type people. "

Absolutely.

The switching off of your emotions, not wanting friends etc can be a kind of defence mechanism.

I was a bit like that as a teenager. The world can be kind of intimidating when you are a teenager, and throwing AS into the mix just makes it harder. Sometimes it is easier just not to care about anybody or anything. To feel nothing is better than feeling miserable.

I could be wrong, but I think that Aspies are a lot better at switching off their emotions than regular, "NT" type people.

I can't offer a lot of positive, upbeat advice other than to say that being an adult is a lot better than being a teenager. And you are definitely not a psychopath.
It started off as a defence mechanism but I feel like I go through periods where I have no control and can't switch them back on :S.
IDK.
I know that at other times I'm not a psychopath but those periods are more frequent and with less emotions.
EMZ=]

I sometimes feel like a sociopath because I can hardly feel anything for people. I can't feel what they feel. It so rare when I do.

New Threads

Top Bottom