• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I suggested my Boyfriend May have Autism... he got angry.

How long have you been with bf? I'm guessing at least 3 months. Also, sounds like your relationship is deep or you get into deep, personal conversations? If you and him have developed a solid trust, he should be okay with you asking him such questions/concerns. Did you ask him these things only 1-1 instead of out in public? Did he have other tasks he needed to complete immediately when you asked him, or was he particularly exhausted? If nothing like those things seems to apply, then maybe you should re-consider your relationship. First, try to work it out though. Communication and trust are important. You two don't have to agree, but you should be able to talk things out and compromise.

I think you can reach out to bf again, and you can state that he doesn't have to do anything you tell/ask him to, but he should be willing to listen to your thoughts and opinions at least 1-1 and consider them. Both of you are partners here to communicate, work with, and complement each other. Tell him that.

He is going to therapy. This stuff takes time. Relax, step back, let him do some self-discovery without tearing him a new one. Maybe open up about things you are working on instead of just him in the limelight. It's called therapy, some people go to therapy for 6 months, some go forever. Please examine the need in yourself that you feel it's necessary to point out his alleged character flaws, you didn't say you were a counselor. Better yet, tell him you are available to bounce off ideas and you are a support system for him. Thanks. Good luck for the both of you.

New Threads

Top Bottom