• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I messy life with asperger's ...feeling like giving up

AspieDenmark

My life right now with asperger's syndrome is a mess. Every other day i feel like jumping infront of a train and just ending this mess. Im 18 years old. I have no job, no degree, no life. I sit at home, infront of my computer all day long and argue with people i shouldn't argue with all day. I tend to argue alot because i feel like people are very invalid and i wanna make a valid reason for the things they are arguing about and i just dont know why. Everytime i see a bad statement i just wanna correct it into my own personal point of view and often it ends up with me messing up my day because im arguing with some fool.
The worst thing about asperger's syndrome is how small things can effect me. I can wake up decently happy and if my brother disrespects me right up in my face, then my whole day is ruined. I feel like crap after being disrespected and my mother does not give 2 damns about it. My life has always been a mess but ever since my brother moved back in, it has just been like hell on earth. Give me a valid reason for why i should not just cut my wrist and make it all go away. I'm desperate. Thanks in advance.

Hi, and welcome to Aspies Central :wavespin:
18 years old is pretty young. You are at the time when you can start working towards a future degree, planning for a future career.

This is a very nice community, and I hope that getting to know the users here will be nice.

Online is a very bad place to argue because there are a lot of people online who act as if they know about a subject, when they really don't.

There is not much arguing on this site here, because it is more like a support group.

I know right. I just see so many people being wrong and i feel like jumping in and going ''you're wrong'' and giving a reason that they cant come with a comeback to. I cant help it. I just cant control it.

Please don't give up. I know how lonely you must feel, but don't let your brother or anyone else make you feel like you're worthless. You're not. You might not have a degree, but should you choose to do so, you can go back to school and earn one. And you're so young---did you just graduate high school? It'll take time to find a job. I just got out of college in May, and I'm still looking for a paid position. You'll make it. Just take it one day at a time. :)

Yea i finnished high school and now im in sort of a break if you can call it that. The thing is that i cant just let it go. If i could i really would but it just ruins my day :(

I am almost 70 and learned I was an Aspie only when I was in my 60s. I finally understood why I often argued with my family or classmates of coworkers. I am the one who is different and almost EVERYTHING they feel and believe is opposite to the way I feel. It isn't their fault and neither is it mine. Aspie brains are different from "normal" people. I finally understand that all the stuff they think, do and value seems ridiculous to me because MY brain is different and I will always see the world differently. Once I finally realized this I finally stopped feeling frustrated because nobody thinks, feels or reacts like me. Aspies are the minority and in almost every life situation, the majority rules. It is useless to argue most of the time because the friction is coming from the difference between "us" and "them." If you can accept that Aspie right and wrong and reasonableness are almost always opposite to the rest of the world you will feel less frustrated. It is good you have joined this list because we are all Aspies and you will never seem odd here. Did you have professional help? Get a professional diagnosis? Have any special help while in school? If so, you must have a professional to turn to. Don't give up when you are so young. Keep trying to find a spot where you can feel more comfortable. For me, I now understand that I am wired differently from the majority and that my arguments are just as frustrating to then as their arguments are to me. I choose to avoid clashing with others by staying alone as much as possible. That works for me and this stage in my life. I hope you soon find your way in society.

You don't have to go looking for a job right away. Take this time off to think about what you're interested in doing, and to try to feel better about yourself. Do you see a therapist? You might want to consider it, as professional help may aid in easing your emotional stress.

Thank you for giving such a nice reply and i got diagnosed when i was 14 by a psychiatrist. I guess i learn to deal with it as i get older.

I suggest finding an special interest/hobby that makes u feel good. For me small things tend to annoy me to and get me unraveled but if I listen to some music or play a little video games Im having fun and I forget all about it!!

Welcome to Aspie Central Aspie Denmark

One thing you can do for yours is to do some of the tests here which goes into which type of thinker you are.
that might give you a direction you can work towards. The link will take you to two quizzes.
http://www.aspiescentral.com/forum-games/2723-what-type-thinker-you-quiz.html

I am 43 unemployed and not quailified to do anything, because I did not know I had aspergers until mid last year.
From this forum I have learned that I am a visual thinker and I should look towards building or drafting career.

You have an opportunity to do something about your situation

Last edited:
I was in your shoes when I was younger. I know you feel like it's the end of the world now, but some day you will look back at this time and be proud that it didn't get the best of you. I am 45 now and run a very successful carpet cleaning business and am married with a little girl. You to can make something of your life. Please don't give up. Things will get better. It may take awhile but you can discover things you are good at and when you do take every chance to be the best at it. Hang in there!

Welcome to the forum, Aspie Denmark!

Sounds like your home situation is less than supportive. I hope you find a sense of belonging here, make some friends & get used to being treated with respect. As for getting a degree & a job, you are still very young & there is plenty of time for you to choose a career path & work towards it. If you are feeling suicidal, please do not try to manage those feelings yourself: there are numbers listed elsewhere on this site & you can always go to the nearest Emergency room. Suicidal ideation can suddenly compel you to harm yourself by acting on powerful impulses that, in a more balanced moment, you never would consider responding to.

New Threads

Top Bottom