• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have the constant urge to sleep in ever since I started lemonade

I decided to start a regimen of exercise on the stairs, and im on the fourth floor of the hotel, with ten ups and downs each day. I started yesterday and by the time I hit number seven, I was paralyzed from the waist down, almost. Maddog says it'll be easier as I keep doing it but I need motivation.

Also, this got featured?! I'm getting famous, kind of!

I decided to start a regimen of exercise on the stairs, and im on the fourth floor of the hotel, with ten ups and downs each day. I started yesterday and by the time I hit number seven, I was paralyzed from the waist down, almost. Maddog says it'll be easier as I keep doing it but I need motivation.

Also, this got featured?! I'm getting famous, kind of!

Do a check up of your health before starting exercice.
Dont break yourself or something , the more important is diet.

How have you been feeling mentally? When I'm depressed, all I feel like doing is sleeping. Cutting caffeine out of your diet can also leave you groggy/irritable. Diabetes is also another possibility. Could be a bunch of things really.

How healthy is rice? My mother has been making it with some meals and I love it, my prescription doctor says its good for me too, but I dont know how.

First off congratulations on eliminating soda :)

Your body is trying to recover since it's not getting "dosed" with massive amounts of low grade sugar anymore. (or harmful dye's and whatever else)
Somewhat similar to ... if one stopped drinking coffee. they'd be shaking it rough for about a week or 2 but feel better soon enough. Your also still getting sugar from the lemonade just not in high doses.

Just to rule out anything serious. You should probably look up any drugs you're taking, if your taking any to see if they interact with lemons. Some drugs can be amplified by citrus, it can increase how much of the drug gets into your system sometimes doubling or tripling the dose.

If you're drinking powdered or minute maid lemonade it's not much better than the pop lol but this could serve as a good transitory milestone, if that is the case. If you have a couple of lemons laying around slicing a piece off them adding it to a glass of water for some flavor would be good for you.

For the past... 8 years now i think all i drink is water. That's it. Don't miss the pop or juice or anything like that. Changed the core belief to know that most drinks are just there to exploit our senses. chemicals which hit the taste buds sending an electrical signal to the brain giving it a like / love response telling us it's good despite it actually being terrible. Who cares how it tastes? water is meant to be drunk so our bodies function properly lol. "If there isn't a need for our product / drink we will create the need!"

Anyway, a gradual reduction tends to work for most things. Once your "stable" with the lemonade you can then add in a glass of water or 2 a day. maybe squirt a bit of lemon in. after a week or 2 when you feel alright again repeat but increase water +/- lemon intake. Until eventually when you want, just switch to squirting some lemon in water. Or lime. then 1 or 2 glasses of straight water for a week or 2 in the mix, etc until it's just water.

By doing this you gradually shift and associate lemon water with lemonade. As your taste buds adjust you'll begin to favor lemon water.

Rice is worse than pasta according to the glycemic index.
Dont worry your problem isnt a matter of days, you have some time to implement solutions.

To reduce your insuline resistance you need to forget about rice pasta bread and all hight carb food. And eventually startch vegetable.

Dont over compensate with fruits,neither protein. Greens vegetables and some fatty food that you can tolerate ( with the good balance omega 3 and omega 6) are usefull.
Start slowly and dont be afraid of fat.
Do that for 2 months with some sport. And try to skip a meal in your daily diet wich one depends on you, the idea is to eat in a time frame of 8h and fast for 16, and do that progressivly.

Check ketogenic diet and intermitent fasting, try to follow that or just what iv written progressivly.
Many will tell you its dangerous, but if you have no health issue its ok , just do it slowly.

And most important, stop snacking, if you can take some cofee thea or other beverages wirhout calories.
A tablespoon of lemon juice and some carbonated water is good.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom