• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have the constant urge to sleep in ever since I started lemonade

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
About a couple days ago or maybe last week I started a lemonade diet, in place of soda. I'm drinking Minute Maid brand lemonade and I've actually liked it a lot, it's really good. Now, keep in mind this is the change to lemonade from literally a near-decade of soda intake, with water intake being few and far between. I DO drink water but not as much as I should.

I don't know if it's because my body is getting used to having something healthy in its system after so long or what, but recently, I've had the irrefutable urge to just sleep the day away. I get up, relieve myself in the bathroom, eat, and then fall back out. My stepfather doesn't seem to like this at all, and I don't blame him; while my folks don't expect me to be active all the time they do want me to help out around the place, so this is a huge obstacle I need to get rid of.

Is it actually something serious that's wrong with me? Or is it just my body getting used to being healthy? I read that lemonade kills (or just expels?) deformed cells in the body, which are the cause of cancer among other things, and it helps you lose weight, it makes your urine clean, and it gives you a TON of vitamins (I think C and B12?).

Help me, I'm paranoid about dying!

My guess would be a big part of sleeping more and better is cutting the caffeine out. It'll probably ease off a bit.

I kinda figured it'd have something to do with that. I was getting worried for a bit. Whenever something new happens to my body I can't help but think it's imminent death.

I can't drink Lemonade being type 2 diabetic, too sugary.

Apart from times when I'm not well, like at the moment, I tend to sleep literally like a log, once I take my hearing aid out and my head hits the fluffy pillow I'm gone till the next morning.

Minute Made Lemonade isn’t really made of lemons and not healthy to drink. I wouldn’t really consider it food.
It’s water, high fructose corn syrup, lemon flavor and chemicals.
Drink water.

Never been much of a lemonade drinker myself. If you're sleeping more due to a diet change it may be worth talking with a doctor about.

It could be the soda withdrawal that is causing your body to adjust itself, especially if the soda you drank was full of caffeine. Check with a doctor if you feel the sleepiness might be a symptom of something harmful.

Falling asleep after a high carb or high sugar intake is a common diabetic response.

upload_2019-1-18_18-26-10.png

It would probably be cheaper to just buy a bottle of lemon juice
and use a sweetener of your choice than to guzzle this stuff.

There wouldn't be as many ingredients. (additives)

@UberScout Don't panic yet. :) Don't worry about imminent death. :) If the sodas you drank were regular and not diet, they are also full of sugar.

Yes if the previous soda was diet, then now you're all of a sudden taking in tons more sugar and crashing.

Are you not drinking water instead because "it's boring"?

Just drink water, you'll feel better in every way. Your body wants the water. It needs it bad. Real bad.
hqdefault.jpg

I dont want to worry you with diabetes I dont know you enought.

But yeah hight sugar fructose or carb product lead to that i. The long term.

Overall we may be more sensitive to our digestion.
I got my blood tested recently and was far from diabetes but I had the same problem of feeling exhausted after sugar and carb.

Its not just that, we are tired and in addition the insuline response is a final nail you know...its another cause of fatigue.

Now iv cut the carbs and sugar I handle my day way more easier.

And I tell that but last summer I was eating only chips, candies, and chineese food...so I was a huge sugar/carb eater.

And half my family is diabetic !

But Mr Allen is totally right it s usefull to check your blood sometimes, in my country it is fairly simple and cheap, I hope it is for you aswell.

Well, i havent been diagnosed with diabetes yet, and even so I don't feel the need for anything like insulin or whatever it is diabetics take. While it's in my family, I've managed to avoid it for pretty much my life, but I still am afraid of it happening because after all you can die from it.

I should also point out that I do have moments where my arms feel shaky and/or deprived of sugar from lack of food but it's never gotten to the point where I need to see the doctor, and it only happens after going without my usual intake; I'm a big eater and i snack like it's a hobby, but I'm not a doctor. I'm sure I would know if I needed an external dose of insulin, but no case is typical.

My friend who is diabetic has no way of knowing how the food she is eating
is affecting her blood sugar unless she does a blood glucose reading.
She experiences no effects that she can recognize, when her sugar is high.

This is not an advantage, having no recognizable effects.

I should also point out that I do have moments where my arms feel shaky and/or deprived of sugar from lack of food but it's never gotten to the point where I need to see the doctor, and it only happens after going without my usual intake; I'm a big eater and i snack like it's a hobby, but I'm not a doctor. I'm sure I would know if I needed an external dose of insulin, but no case is typical.

Changing your diet to an healthier one seems to be important IMO, don't wait until its too it's too late.
And sincerly you are young it can change pretty fast, I could write the same thing as you 2 months ago ( but with candies, like, I feel sleepy after eating a bag of candies kek am I ded?)

But I have changed my diet, I hope to maintain it, lost bewteen 12 to 15kg , and said byebye to daily carbs.
And Tonight I have eaten a cake for my birthday and some alchohool, I didnt feel hyper nor wasted at all, but it will be my only carbs of the week.

Well if i am diabetic, then I've successfully gone from puberty to now without insulin penning and haven't had to go to the hospital because i didnt know i had it.

Or im one of those people with "miracle" immune systems, I don't know. All I know is I'm still alive.

Well if i am diabetic, then I've successfully gone from puberty to now without insulin penning and haven't had to go to the hospital because i didnt know i had it.

Or im one of those people with "miracle" immune systems, I don't know. All I know is I'm still alive.

Diabetes type 2 isnt a health problem that appears like a switch of a button.

The more you eat carb and sugar you spike your insuline , and the more you produce insuline the more your body develop a tolerance to it, and the more your pancreas ( sorry for the mistake hehe) has to produce insuline.

If you increase your amount of sugar and carb gradually or keep it hight everyday, your tolerance will grow faster than your ability to produce more insuline.
Then you will have some diabetes like symptom. And if you change nothing in your diet for decades then your pancreas wont be able to produce insuline anymore and then you are diabetic. Its a long process and you have many years before the point of no return, and the earlier you change it the less hard it is.

At this point this is reversible, you are young,you just need to stop eating meal that spike your insuline everyday ,do some sport,maybe do some fast correctly, then your insuline resistance will decrease, and after sometimes (depending on your health) , how your body digest carbs and sugar won't be an issue.

And yes for some people ( like me) carbs and sugar works like a drug, I know that, and it's hard to change this.

New Threads

Top Bottom