• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have Asperger's and I'm glad that I do

TheNomadicAspie

Hey everyone!

I was diagnosed with Asperger's at the age of 5, as well as severe OCD and ADHD. I was very low-functioning to the point where people were literally afraid to be around me, and I had many uncontrollable ticks from being on the spectrum as well as the OCD.

Throughout my adult life I managed to overcome all of the limitations that held me back, and by better understanding myself from a psychological perspective I've not only been able to succeed in life, but I can thank having Asperger's for my intelligence, success, and problem solving skills which have benefited me greatly.

I have a successful career, an amazing girlfriend and soon-to-be wife who also has Asperger's, and I'm very happy. I'm here not to ask for help from anyone, but to help others. If anyone needs advice or someone to talk to, feel free to message me anytime if you want a new perspective.

I hope to make some new friends and I'm excited to be a part of your community.

Hi TheNomadicAspie

welcome to af.png

Hey everyone!

I was diagnosed with Asperger's at the age of 5, as well as severe OCD and ADHD. I was very low-functioning to the point where people were literally afraid to be around me, and I had many uncontrollable ticks from being on the spectrum as well as the OCD.

Throughout my adult life I managed to overcome all of the limitations that held me back, and by better understanding myself from a psychological perspective I've not only been able to succeed in life, but I can thank having Asperger's for my intelligence, success, and problem solving skills which have benefited me greatly.

I have a successful career, an amazing girlfriend and soon-to-be wife who also has Asperger's, and I'm very happy. I'm here not to ask for help from anyone, but to help others. If anyone needs advice or someone to talk to, feel free to message me anytime if you want a new perspective.

That's great. I am amazed by the intelligence of all people with Asperger's and truly agree that they are capable of giving their best when they receive the help they need. Wishing you all the best. Stay awesome

Hey everyone!

This is a lovely post, thanks for this. It’s really nice to hear that you’re doing so well with AS, there’s many times I don’t feel so optimistic, but to hear Your positivity here has cheered me up.

Do you take medication?

I was prescribed Ritalin as a child, but was given such a strong dose that I had hallucinations and negative side effects. For most of my childhood I pretended to take my medication but didn't.

As an adult I smoke high CBD strains of marijuana (Or I take CBD oil with marijuana) as I find strains with too much THC worsens my anxiety and paranoia. I think marijuana can be a great benefit for people with Asperger's, but the wrong strains can cause more harm than good with people who are prone to panic attacks. Anyone who doesn't like or has bad experiences with marijuana should try CBD oil. For anyone who doesn't know what CBD oil is, marijuana has THC and CBD. THC is the psychoactive part, and CBD is the part that helps with stress and anxiety. So taking CBD has absolutely no side effects, it doesn't make you high like other medications, but it does wonders for anxiety especially in social situations.

This is a lovely post, thanks for this. It’s really nice to hear that you’re doing so well with AS, there’s many times I don’t feel so optimistic, but to hear Your positivity here has cheered me up.

Thank you so much for the kind words. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to message me. This may sound like a strange question, but you don't live in Las Vegas do you? I used to know someone named Onna who looks exactly like you from your profile picture.

Thank you so much for the kind words. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to message me. This may sound like a strange question, but you don't live in Las Vegas do you? I used to know someone named Onna who looks exactly like you from your profile picture.
Haha no I’m in the UK. Never been to the US. Sounds good though Las Vegas, maybe I could go seek my doppelgänger o_O

Haha no I’m in the UK. Never been to the US. Sounds good though Las Vegas, maybe I could go seek my doppelgänger o_O
As someone who loves travelling (If you couldn't tell from my username), the UK sounds much better to me than Vegas (I'm not big on partying anymore). I'd gladly switch countries with you!

In fact the girlfriend and I plan to start making our way through Europe this year, but we're taking a break since we just got back from a 3 month trip through Asia. How do you like your home country?

I was prescribed Ritalin as a child, but was given such a strong dose that I had hallucinations and negative side effects. For most of my childhood I pretended to take my medication but didn't.

As an adult I smoke high CBD strains of marijuana (Or I take CBD oil with marijuana) as I find strains with too much THC worsens my anxiety and paranoia. I think marijuana can be a great benefit for people with Asperger's, but the wrong strains can cause more harm than good with people who are prone to panic attacks. Anyone who doesn't like or has bad experiences with marijuana should try CBD oil. For anyone who doesn't know what CBD oil is, marijuana has THC and CBD. THC is the psychoactive part, and CBD is the part that helps with stress and anxiety. So taking CBD has absolutely no side effects, it doesn't make you high like other medications, but it does wonders for anxiety especially in social situations.

Only one tiny we thing to ad reg the weed and al that make shore its LEGAL in youre state or country o_O

Of course. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone living in a state where it's completely legal. I would never encourage someone to break the law, but lately more and more countries and states are legalizing it, and there have been studies to show it can help people with ASD so I just wanted to mention it since Fino asked if I take medication.

Of course. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone living in a state where it's completely legal. I would never encourage someone to break the law, but lately more and more countries and states are legalizing it, and there have been studies to show it can help people with ASD so I just wanted to mention it since Fino asked if I take medication.

NO worries hon i just had to put that in dear :cool: And yes i have understood that Weed in this cases is actually helping for this iccues so go right a head dear :) (even over here Sweden the majority seems to be positive for legalizing MEDICAL marijuana ) But i strongly dought it `l happen here tho

New Threads

Top Bottom