• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I hate socializing and most people

Jada Sekai

People think I'm stupid and as if i am supposed to know everything. I even hate when people are sarcastic or try to make everything seem obvious when it really isn't. It makes me mad and not want to talk people (as usual) and I end up not trying to get involved with people, especially idiots. I hate when people don't listen either, or even bother trying to listen. That's the same for understanding me too. I also especially hate people who make assumptions, think they know me perfectly, spread rumors, or do other idiotic things like make fun of me (or take pictures since they have never seen a retarded looking person who looks like they have down syndrome apparently) and think I can't hear them. I have said something to people 2 times by getting mad and saying bad insults, but that was it. I definitely plan on doing it again. I wish sometimes that humans could go extinct like the dinosaurs did.

Hi Jada

I hear you and been there when I was your age and it does certainly make you not want to see another human being again! And still go through it!

There is another new female aspie here, who I believe is your age of 15.

Yes, it is horrendeously annoying and frustrating when nts say they are being clear, when they are most certainly not and what about this, which occurred yesterday? It was me chatting with one of my nieces and all I asked her was: what are your plans for this evening? She responded with something that turned me cold and later when I had to address it, she said it was my fault for saying: what are you doing at HOME and she did put that in capitals. Now the issue was not with her on this, but my husband, because I could not deal with the barrage of "you should do this etc, from a young woman who does not know my history. Well, my husband was typing to her and I said to correct her on the fact that I did not say: HOME, but he REFUSED to and said it not important and no matter how I tried to explain it was, he just said: it is rather nitpicking, yet, for goodness sake, she got upset with me, because she misread what I said.

Anyway, I sent her a huge message; having to do it in my head first, because it is so easy to say the wrong word and explained that I did not say: what you are doing at HOME. Said that she can scroll up to see that I clearly did not and happily she thanked me for explaining it to her.

My husband is the joker at other's expense. He deliberately takes things literally, just to have fun with me and I told him, as he responded to our spiritual daughter, please state who you are, because it will confuse her. He just laughed and was being silly, but guess what? It did confuse her and she got angry too! But he just laughed. I say all the time, if you are going to text something to the person I am talking to, then state it is you, because it just confuses the other one and causes distrust and he doesn't care.

Happily, not all nt's are like this!

I hear you there. The whole "please read my mind" BS and trying to keep up with everyone's conversations gets tiring after a while. Makes you want to just...never mind that, but it certainly makes you want to retreat, get away from it all and blow off some steam.

Who knows though, maybe you'll get lucky and find some good people worth the time and effort?

@WildCat @Suzanne
Thank you so much for understanding! I feel alone on these topics somethings, especially since I'm the only autistic in my home.

We all feel alone, Jada, as most of us, are the only ones who have aspergers and autism. Do you have classic autism or is it as professionals refer to it as: high functioning autism?

I don't know what to say to people in person either. I get anxiety. I stop going to shops too if the staff start being nice. I worry my social anxiety will take over. It's not good to ruminate over the past, but I feel pretty depressed at times. Every year, the same routine plays out.

New Threads

Top Bottom