• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Got Off Of Psychiatric Meds and Have Improved Ten-Fold!!!

^ i have but I never took any kind of medication for them (though I've been suspecting I have some form of bipolar rather than straight depression) unless you count music which has been therapeutic regardless whether im feeling subdued or manic.
I can see the value indirectly controlling your own mind without hours of self-introspection but I worry they'll change something in my subconscious permanently and I won't even realize it.
not interested in getting into a debate but I felt my perspective was unique to be worth sharing narcissist that I am.

The suggestion that "natural methods" should be used to treat all mental illness is just as silly as suggesting they should be used to treat all physical illness.

It's fairly common on this forum to decry the use of all psychiatric medication, and I'm starting believe that those who do so are ones who, generally speaking, have experienced some degree of anxiety and/or depression at some point in their life. They were then treated unsuccessfully with medication, possibly even made worse by it, and so sought other methods, leading them to address their actual problems, such as negative thought patterns and an unhealthy lifestyle. This made them feel feel better and so they concluded that medication is unnecessary and possibly damaging.

But this is an entirely different category of people than those who truly require medication. There are countless cases where the suggestion would be absolutely ludicrous that medication is unnecessary or damaging for them.

The fact that you (general "you") should never have been on medication in the first place is not a reason that others should not be treated.

This. I'm one of those that tried medication and found that it's probably not helpful (I was on buspirone for anxiety - IT WORKED - but it made me dizzy. Seeing as I'm a machinist, and driving isn't really optional either, I don't have the luxury of playing drug roulette to find one that works and doesn't cause crazy side effects that prevent me from safely working or driving...so I'm med free now.)

I do find that CBD greatly reduces the sensory issues/irritability that goes with it. The emotional issues I'm sorting out by actually facing/working on them.

But I don't think for a minute that meds aren't legitimate/necessary for every single person. Some need them. Some don't.

Im on Trazidone, it helps with depression but im always tired taking it.I hate psyche meds since at psyche wards.
Just took my trazidone accordingly but now im super tired, i need to go to bed.

Last edited:
not meds but food for me. i do have to take high blood pressure and atenolol meds for heart arrhythmia, i went on a fast when i had surgery and lost 15 lbs. just like that and didnt look back. since then ive lost 90 lbs. and i can get up easy if i have to get something off the floor ,lol. this is when i learned i had "autism" ,i dont know, but i think my mind cleared long enough to learn something about myself during my fast.

I just tried this and I'm incredibly amped......
It's been said by my doctors that I have co-morbid bipolar but I didn't really believe it until now. Haven't slept in 24 hrs and not even that tired. That's not normal.

The suggestion that "natural methods" should be used to treat all mental illness is just as silly as suggesting they should be used to treat all physical illness.

It's fairly common on this forum to decry the use of all psychiatric medication, and I'm starting believe that those who do so are ones who, generally speaking, have experienced some degree of anxiety and/or depression at some point in their life. They were then treated unsuccessfully with medication, possibly even made worse by it, and so sought other methods, leading them to address their actual problems, such as negative thought patterns and an unhealthy lifestyle. This made them feel feel better and so they concluded that medication is unnecessary and possibly damaging.

But this is an entirely different category of people than those who truly require medication. There are countless cases where the suggestion would be absolutely ludicrous that medication is unnecessary or damaging for them.

The fact that you (general "you") should never have been on medication in the first place is not a reason that others should not be treated.

I agree with you @Fino. I had chronic insomnia caused by anxiety, depression, and sensory overload. I am taking a SSRI antidepressant, time released melatonin, 0.5 ml hemp oil, testosterone gel, and sleep with a weighted blanket and a sleep mask. With all of this, I am able to sleep 6 hours every night consistently. Without these things I wake up every hour and only get 3-5 hours of broken sleep.

I just tried this and I'm incredibly amped......
It's been said by my doctors that I have co-morbid bipolar but I didn't really believe it until now. Haven't slept in 24 hrs and not even that tired. That's not normal.

You just tried what?

New Threads

Top Bottom