• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I gave this a go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's either being a PUA (to improve myself) or an incel, I don't see anyone offering other options.

I notice someone angrily suggesting hobbies, but my hobbies are things I can do by myself, or other males and don't feature those of a female persuasion.

I've been an incel my whole life, so I figured I would give PUA a go.

I thought that I wasn't doing approaches which was why I didn't meet women.

Maybe I am ugly, who knows.

I went out on my bike with a camera on to film how a lot of my interactions go, I can provide a video if anyone is interested.

There were no angry suggestions. Every poster has their own style. We are individuals and post in different ways.

You've turned down or ignored the well meaning advice that you've been given re: hobbies (getting new ones), looking for employment/getting a job, doing some voluntary work etc, so stick with your PUA tactic. If it works, good for you; but if you get a swift kick or knee to the groin, tough, and if you're arrested, also tough.

ps - being conventionally unattractive (ugly) doesn't stop a significant percentage of the population from meeting life partners, or meeting people to have sex with. It's more likely to be the approach and personality that would have more of a negative influence rather than physical appearance.

Last edited:
There were no angry suggestions. Every poster has their own style. We are individuals and post in different ways.

You've turned down or ignored the well meaning advice that you've been given re: hobbies (getting new ones), looking for employment/getting a job, doing some voluntary work etc, so stick with your PUA tactic. If it works, good for you; but if you get a swift kick or knee to the groin, tough, and if you're arrested, also tough.

ps - being conventionally unattractive (ugly) doesn't stop a significant percentage of the population from meeting life partners, or meeting people to have sex with. It's more likely to be the approach and personality that would have more of a negative influence rather than physical appearance.

I've already been arrested when the girl turned out to be 15. I plead Asperger's and got off the charge, then I only interacted with females with a camera on thereafter.

I've also been kicked out of several shopping centres and shops as a result of my activities.

I got the police come up to me on video
After the bashing I have received, I'm just going to quietly hate females and carry on participating in the incel community.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't sound like you understand that people, regardless of gender , don't want their day interrupted randomly by an insistent stranger.

You shouldn't focus your life on meeting someone for the purposes of sexual gratification or confidence building. Focus your life on learning new social skills and achieving goals like positively contributing to society. People are drawn to others who seem easy-going and fun to be around.

Being intrusive and treating people like objects can get you in a lot of legal trouble. If you truly believe violence towards anyone will improve your life, you're likely inviting violence on yourself for a very long time from the inside of a cell.

Last edited:
I'll stab the moderator in the face for taking the video down. He's annoying me and must pay dearly.

I've already been arrested when the girl turned out to be 15. I plead Asperger's and got off the charge, then I only interacted with females with a camera on thereafter.

I've also been kicked out of several shopping centres and shops as a result of my activities.

After the bashing I have received, I'm just going to quietly hate females and carry on participating in the incel community.

If you are asking me, females should just be SHOT DEAD on the spot, without mercy.

No one bashed you on here. You had some sensible advice. You've clearly got your own agenda and
having read your latest posts, I hope that ALL women avoid you.

You sound dangerous.

I am late to this discussion.

I don't wish to debate.
Instead, I suggest only an exercise.

Attempt to weigh the difference, morally and ethically, between being:
A- female,
and,
B- someone promoting the assassination of an entire demographic.

I believe that I have a glimpse of the reason why you are not able to effectively socialize...

Incel - Wikipedia
"Incels (/ˈɪnsɛlz/ IN-selz), a portmanteau of "involuntary celibates", are members of an online subculture who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one..."

"Many incel communities are characterized by resentment, self-pity, racism, misogyny, misanthropy, and narcissism. Discussions often revolve around the belief that men are owed sex; other common topics include idleness, loneliness, unhappiness,suicide, sexual surrogates, prostitutes and the acquisition of sex robots, as well as various attributes they believe increase one's desirability as a partner such as income or personality."

"The concept of the black pill distinguishes incels from the men's rights movement and their popular reference to the red pill, an allusion to the dilemma in the movie The Matrix where the protagonist must choose to remain in a world of illusion (taking the blue pill) or to see the world as it really is (taking the red pill). In the context of men's rights activism, "taking the red pill" means seeing a world where women hold power over men. The black pill, on the other hand, refers to hopelessness. It also holds that one's personality is not very important."

" 'Involuntary celibacy' is not a medical or psychological condition."

Blackpill - Incel Wiki

I've already been arrested when the girl turned out to be 15.
I’m just curious, in what setting did you meet the girl and what were your interactions with her?
You don’t get arrested for just saying ‘hi’.

From Vox:

“Although some self-identified ‘incels’ assert that the nihilistic views of ‘the black pill’ are what connect them, and not overt misogyny or alt-right beliefs,” he told Vox in an email, “notice the misogynistic basis of the worldview”:

“Success” with women is defined as sexual conquest; men are presented as being entitled to sex with women, but being thwarted by the next point; women are presented as fundamentally materialistic and shallow, only attracted to physicality and beauty and nothing else; feminism is presented as the source of the problem; men are understood to be the “real” victims.

Because of this underlying belief system, it’s difficult to extricate conversations about men’s mental health from the real threat many of these men pose to women.

Incels are not a community of sad men that reflect a societal problem with loneliness; they'e a community of violent misogynists that reflect a societal problem with sexism & sexual entitlement.

— Jessica Valenti (@JessicaValenti) May 3, 2018
From a mental health perspective, however, the misogyny is usually a mask. “What they’re expressing is probably pain ... but there are biases around understanding male pain,” Matt Englar-Carlson, director of the Center for Boys and Men at California State University Fullerton, told me. “We all get socialized to look at men’s needs and not see them as critical.”

This gets even harder to do when the men in question are dehumanizing women and are celebrating and enacting violence against them. “It may be really hard for a layperson to understand that pain or have empathy for it,” Englar-Carlson said. The flip side of enacting justified outrage at expressions of misogyny and other polarizing worldviews, he cautioned, is dehumanization. “We throw people away so quickly,” he said. “We don’t see them as humans; we see them as opinions.”

Mental health professionals like Englar-Carlson — who believes that everyone can be helped — may have an obligation to hate the sin and love the sinner. “You don’t affirm the act, but you do affirm the person,” he said. “Just dismissing them or saying you’re crazy or you’re radical or you’re homophobic or you’re sexist ... is not going to reinforce any kind of help-seeking. What it reinforces is the notion that you’re worthless.”

The more negative reinforcement men receive, the more urgent the need for mental health treatment rather than ostracism becomes. Men frequently hide depression behind personas of intensely masculinized behavior — and men who have their masculinity threatened are more likely to engage in risky behaviors or respond aggressively.

“Men struggle with the desire to prove their masculinity,” Joel Wong, program director of the counseling psychology program at Indiana University, told me. “When men perceive that they’re not regarded as masculine enough, they could react in one of several ways. One is that they could try to overcompensate by going to the gym and working out.” (Witness Reddit’s “hit the gym” motto.) “Another way is to say, ‘I’m going to forge my own path and form my own subculture.’ They’re all different ways to respond to a self-perception about their masculinity.”

“The idea of the lonely American male is a true experience for a lot of men,” said Englar-Carlson. He told Vox that the “support” offered by incel communities reflected a deeper truth about many online communities, which enable toxicity and negative thinking even as they offer limited opportunities for socialization: “You’ve made a connection, but the connection is possibly killing you.”

Helping men get treatment is easier said than done
This is the kind of trajectory that once could have been a precursor for more serious mental health treatment — but in the US, at least, resources are limited. America’s public mental health system completely collapsed between the 1950s and the ’80s, and options for outpatient services are limited. A 2015 study found that only 41 percent of US adults with mental health conditions had received treatment. A 2011 report by the National Alliance on Mental Illness called state funding cuts to mental health services a “national crisis,” and noted that demand for psychiatric services was increasing even as resources were declining.

Additionally, Supportcel members expressed a distrust of social support systems for mental health. One member described the therapy he was currently undergoing as “useless,” while others spoke of fearing the intense stigmatization that comes with being identified as a person who has mental health issues. As a non-US native, Sinbad pointed out that most of the health advice he is given in the community tends to be US-centric. “A lot of the ‘advice’ I’ve been given would just make my situation worse if I applied it where I live,” he said.

“In general, there are a fair amount of men who have a really hard time accessing support services,” Englar-Carlson said. “One of the core notions of traditional Westernized masculinity is that you should be independent and you shouldn’t ask for help.” He said the popular perception that therapy is a place you go to cry or be weak is a barrier to men who’ve been conditioned to mask their emotions. “A lot of men equate therapy to weakness.”

Wong pointed out that the self-defeatist attitude of incels plays a huge role in whether they experience results even if they do have access to treatment. “Therapy might not be the most useful initial option because therapy only works when someone comes to you for therapy,” he told Vox. “But a starting point could be for therapists and psychologists to connect to them without saying, ‘I think you have a problem.’“

“You have to have health professionals who understand men,” Englar-Carlson said. “But it doesn’t help me to hang a shingle out saying ‘I understand men’ and wait for them to pour in.” Wong suggested that therapy-led support groups for incels could be helpful, along with needs-assessment surveys and potential workgroups for the community that could address some of the needs of members without condemning them.

Several Supportcel community members I spoke with did suggest that the incel sphere’s overall attitude toward mental health and treatment had improved somewhat. This, they believed, was mainly due to stricter moderation policies across many of the highly trafficked communities, the ousting of the most toxic voices, and a more open dialogue with “normies.” Of the many threads on r/IncelTears that look to help incels, the ones that offer advice and support frequently recommend leaving the community and seeking cognitive behavioral therapy. On r/IncelsWithoutHate, designed to be a space where incels can interact positively with each other and with those outside the community, members speak with tentative hope about seeking therapy and embarking on paths of self-improvement.

Out of all the factors that may be causing members of the community to seek movement away from toxicity, one of the biggest may simply be a growing awareness of how dark the incel rabbit hole is once you’re inside it. Since I initially spoke to them, one of the Supportcel moderators has stepped down and withdrawn from the community. “Everyone who’s involved in this community in any way eventually decides to just give up, in my experience,” they told me. “People who try to help incels eventually come to the conclusion that it’s generally not possible and that it takes a huge toll on their mental well-being if they are deeply involved in these efforts.”

“How can I stop becoming an incel?” a self-professed 20-year-old asked IncelTears recently. But in the middle of seeking answers, he seemed to have found his own: “I noticed that the more I read incels’ posts the more I tend to agree with them on some things,” he said, “so I stopped reading before aggravating my situation.”

It seems that if therapy isn’t attainable, then self-awareness may be the incel’s best hope.
https://www.vox.com/2018/6/20/17314846/incel-support-group-therapy-black-pill-mental-health

From Vox:

“Although some self-identified ‘incels’ assert that the nihilistic views of ‘the black pill’ are what connect them, and not overt misogyny or alt-right beliefs,” he told Vox in an email, “notice the misogynistic basis of the worldview”:

“Success” with women is defined as sexual conquest; men are presented as being entitled to sex with women, but being thwarted by the next point; women are presented as fundamentally materialistic and shallow, only attracted to physicality and beauty and nothing else; feminism is presented as the source of the problem; men are understood to be the “real” victims.

Because of this underlying belief system, it’s difficult to extricate conversations about men’s mental health from the real threat many of these men pose to women.

Incels are not a community of sad men that reflect a societal problem with loneliness; they'e a community of violent misogynists that reflect a societal problem with sexism & sexual entitlement.

— Jessica Valenti (@JessicaValenti) May 3, 2018
From a mental health perspective, however, the misogyny is usually a mask. “What they’re expressing is probably pain ... but there are biases around understanding male pain,” Matt Englar-Carlson, director of the Center for Boys and Men at California State University Fullerton, told me. “We all get socialized to look at men’s needs and not see them as critical.”

This gets even harder to do when the men in question are dehumanizing women and are celebrating and enacting violence against them. “It may be really hard for a layperson to understand that pain or have empathy for it,” Englar-Carlson said. The flip side of enacting justified outrage at expressions of misogyny and other polarizing worldviews, he cautioned, is dehumanization. “We throw people away so quickly,” he said. “We don’t see them as humans; we see them as opinions.”

Mental health professionals like Englar-Carlson — who believes that everyone can be helped — may have an obligation to hate the sin and love the sinner. “You don’t affirm the act, but you do affirm the person,” he said. “Just dismissing them or saying you’re crazy or you’re radical or you’re homophobic or you’re sexist ... is not going to reinforce any kind of help-seeking. What it reinforces is the notion that you’re worthless.”

The more negative reinforcement men receive, the more urgent the need for mental health treatment rather than ostracism becomes. Men frequently hide depression behind personas of intensely masculinized behavior — and men who have their masculinity threatened are more likely to engage in risky behaviors or respond aggressively.

“Men struggle with the desire to prove their masculinity,” Joel Wong, program director of the counseling psychology program at Indiana University, told me. “When men perceive that they’re not regarded as masculine enough, they could react in one of several ways. One is that they could try to overcompensate by going to the gym and working out.” (Witness Reddit’s “hit the gym” motto.) “Another way is to say, ‘I’m going to forge my own path and form my own subculture.’ They’re all different ways to respond to a self-perception about their masculinity.”

“The idea of the lonely American male is a true experience for a lot of men,” said Englar-Carlson. He told Vox that the “support” offered by incel communities reflected a deeper truth about many online communities, which enable toxicity and negative thinking even as they offer limited opportunities for socialization: “You’ve made a connection, but the connection is possibly killing you.”

Helping men get treatment is easier said than done
This is the kind of trajectory that once could have been a precursor for more serious mental health treatment — but in the US, at least, resources are limited. America’s public mental health system completely collapsed between the 1950s and the ’80s, and options for outpatient services are limited. A 2015 study found that only 41 percent of US adults with mental health conditions had received treatment. A 2011 report by the National Alliance on Mental Illness called state funding cuts to mental health services a “national crisis,” and noted that demand for psychiatric services was increasing even as resources were declining.

Additionally, Supportcel members expressed a distrust of social support systems for mental health. One member described the therapy he was currently undergoing as “useless,” while others spoke of fearing the intense stigmatization that comes with being identified as a person who has mental health issues. As a non-US native, Sinbad pointed out that most of the health advice he is given in the community tends to be US-centric. “A lot of the ‘advice’ I’ve been given would just make my situation worse if I applied it where I live,” he said.

“In general, there are a fair amount of men who have a really hard time accessing support services,” Englar-Carlson said. “One of the core notions of traditional Westernized masculinity is that you should be independent and you shouldn’t ask for help.” He said the popular perception that therapy is a place you go to cry or be weak is a barrier to men who’ve been conditioned to mask their emotions. “A lot of men equate therapy to weakness.”

Wong pointed out that the self-defeatist attitude of incels plays a huge role in whether they experience results even if they do have access to treatment. “Therapy might not be the most useful initial option because therapy only works when someone comes to you for therapy,” he told Vox. “But a starting point could be for therapists and psychologists to connect to them without saying, ‘I think you have a problem.’“

“You have to have health professionals who understand men,” Englar-Carlson said. “But it doesn’t help me to hang a shingle out saying ‘I understand men’ and wait for them to pour in.” Wong suggested that therapy-led support groups for incels could be helpful, along with needs-assessment surveys and potential workgroups for the community that could address some of the needs of members without condemning them.

Several Supportcel community members I spoke with did suggest that the incel sphere’s overall attitude toward mental health and treatment had improved somewhat. This, they believed, was mainly due to stricter moderation policies across many of the highly trafficked communities, the ousting of the most toxic voices, and a more open dialogue with “normies.” Of the many threads on r/IncelTears that look to help incels, the ones that offer advice and support frequently recommend leaving the community and seeking cognitive behavioral therapy. On r/IncelsWithoutHate, designed to be a space where incels can interact positively with each other and with those outside the community, members speak with tentative hope about seeking therapy and embarking on paths of self-improvement.

Out of all the factors that may be causing members of the community to seek movement away from toxicity, one of the biggest may simply be a growing awareness of how dark the incel rabbit hole is once you’re inside it. Since I initially spoke to them, one of the Supportcel moderators has stepped down and withdrawn from the community. “Everyone who’s involved in this community in any way eventually decides to just give up, in my experience,” they told me. “People who try to help incels eventually come to the conclusion that it’s generally not possible and that it takes a huge toll on their mental well-being if they are deeply involved in these efforts.”

“How can I stop becoming an incel?” a self-professed 20-year-old asked IncelTears recently. But in the middle of seeking answers, he seemed to have found his own: “I noticed that the more I read incels’ posts the more I tend to agree with them on some things,” he said, “so I stopped reading before aggravating my situation.”

It seems that if therapy isn’t attainable, then self-awareness may be the incel’s best hope.
https://www.vox.com/2018/6/20/17314846/incel-support-group-therapy-black-pill-mental-health

Thank you, Mia.

Maybe it's due to my asexuality, but when people go on about how miserable they are that they can't get get a girlfriend or boyfriend, I feel no empathy or sympathy at all. All I feel is annoyance. Especially when I see several posts on two different sites that are all about a 30-year old guy who is still a virgin and is miserable. I'm a 45 year old virgin, whatever.

Don't be an incel. Those guys are messed up. Just go on Tinder and try to find dates.

Just to be clear for everyone, the incel community was not created to be a hate group towards women.
Article on the creator of the incel term: 'I've asked myself, should I feel guilty?'
It was actually created by a woman, "Alana started a website for lonely people struggling to find love".
Just like any social difficulty (including ASD), this is something for individuals to work on in themselves, not something to blame other people for.
The fact that the incel community is being taken over by misogynists is not what the community was ever about to begin with.

So it's either being a PUA (to improve myself) or an incel, I don't see anyone offering other options.

I, and many others gave you options to overcome your social difficulties. If you have difficulties in the social arena, as many of us here do, there is no quick fix. You are not going to go from incel to chick magnet by watching a youtube video.. You need to spend time learning how other people interact with each other in a functional way, and you need to practice that, in baby steps. It took me years of practice to just have successful small talk conversations with people (men or women). And you think you're going to go from zero skills to PUA practically overnight? Not realistic.

Nobody on here has bashed you. They are trying to get truth across to you, and you are trying valiantly to ignore it, or rebrand it as bashing..

And if you're thinking the alternative is "quietly hating females", then you're not an incel, you're a misogynist (that is the definition of the word). I know the incel community seems to be overrun by misogynists these days, but that's not what the term incel was ever meant to represent to begin with.

I hope you find your way. At this point, you've got all the positive advice and suggestions in front of you. But only you can put in the work and take those baby steps towards a future where you can overcome your social difficulties. No one can do that for you. Good luck! :cool:

The (Etymological) Roots of the word: Misogyny
Misogyny may be distinguished from the closely related word sexism, which signifies discrimination based on sex (although it most frequently refers to discrimination against women) and also carries the meaning “behavior, conditions, or attitudes that foster stereotypes of social roles based on sex.”

Misogyny refers specifically to a hatred of women. The word is formed from the Greek roots misein (“to hate”) and gynē (“woman”).

Definition of MISOGYNY

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom