• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I gave birth! :-)

rollerskate

ร๏гค ɭย๓เภค
V.I.P Member
Hi all, I haven't really got time right now to chat here as often as I was (though I will be back!), but I did want to stop by and let you know I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy May 14 @ 8 lbs 9 oz. :-D

uploadfromtaptalk1400865728552.jpg

Some of you know about the daddy issues. Well, I broke off contact completely two days after his birth because the only thing dad had to say when I announced his birth was that he was glad I wasn't in labor for twelve hours like they originally estimated (I had to be induced). Two days passed and he still had nothing to say... By that time I had fell in love with the little guy and was completely appalled daddy was not even remotely interested, especially since he looks so much like him... So uninterested in fact to this day he still claims he has no children. I
I told him in text, "I have nothing to say to you except I hate you, no point in telling you what you are because it seems to me you know already and just don't give a damn." Then I blocked him and gave MY son MY maiden last name so he never has to live with that horrible family's surname hanging over his head.
uploadfromtaptalk1400866175808.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1400866189012.jpg

Welcome to the world little Gavriel. :-D <3

Over the top cool! Congratulations...beautiful baby boy so he is

Congratulations! What a precious baby boy you have! Ultimately it's the DNA contributor's (I'm not calling him "the father"---clearly he has no interest in actually being a parent) loss. Well, you won't have to think about him anymore, except when you're collecting child support payments.

Congratulations! What a precious baby boy you have! Ultimately it's the DNA contributor's (I'm not calling him "the father"---clearly he has no interest in actually being a parent) loss. Well, you won't have to think about him anymore, except when you're collecting child support payments.

Wish I could just leave his name out of it completely, TBH.

Congratulations Rollerskate,I especially like the last photo of the two you. May Gavriel bring you lots of joy.

It's good to see you back too.:grinning:

Last edited:
Wish I could just leave his name out of it completely, TBH.
I know how you feel (my maternal grandfather basically walked out on my grandma and left her with three kids to raise), but it is what it is, and someday you'll have to explain the situation to your son. He may even want to meet his birth father, as unlikely as that may sound. But no matter what comes later in this respect, Gavriel will know that you are his mom, you're taking care of him, and that you love him very much.

Congrats on your baby boy Rollerskate!
I'm sure you are a good parent and made the right decision.
You two are going to have lots of fun, that's guaranteed!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! On your baby AND the choice you made! I'm so proud of you for doing what you did. You're very brave. No one should be treated like that. HAPPY DAY!!!!

I know how you feel (my maternal grandfather basically walked out on my grandma and left her with three kids to raise), but it is what it is, and someday you'll have to explain the situation to your son. He may even want to meet his birth father, as unlikely as that may sound. But no matter what comes later in this respect, Gavriel will know that you are his mom, you're taking care of him, and that you love him very much.
I grew up without a dad too, although it was because my mom left him. She told me as a kid though that he just never tried to contact me after we left, and it wasn't until I was a teen she told me the truth, that he had tried very hard not only to keep contact but also tried to get me back via making false reports to what was then called HRS. So I also know what it's like to feel unwanted by your birth parent AND have the one parent that's there lie to you about the other parent's involvement. That's why I'm not going to fight any of it and I'm going to tell him the truth. Should his dad ever try to claim it was my fault, I'm going to keep a sampling of records from our online/text conversations to show him (only if that kind of situation comes up ) that I've been telling the truth. After all, it was through finding my mom's own written record that I discovered my dad did try to maintain contact with me...

I've also written him two letters before he was born explaining what happened to his dad and other grandparents and reassuring him he's still not short of any love or support and that I and my family have plenty for him to cover their absence from his life. But even so part of me seriously expected his dad to change his tune when he saw a picture of his son. My ex hub, who was incredibly apathetic about the pregnancy with my first child, cried when he saw his son for the first time. So...

That's why I'm not going to fight any of it and I'm going to tell him the truth. Should his dad ever try to claim it was my fault, I'm going to keep a sampling of records from our online/text conversations to show him (only if that kind of situation comes up ) that I've been telling the truth. After all, it was through finding my mom's own written record that I discovered my dad did try to maintain contact with me...
Good plan. That way your son will know the truth from the beginning.

I've also written him two letters before he was born explaining what happened to his dad and other grandparents and reassuring him he's still not short of any love or support and that I and my family have plenty for him to cover their absence from his life. But even so part of me seriously expected his dad to change his tune when he saw a picture of his son. My ex hub, who was incredibly apathetic about the pregnancy with my first child, cried when he saw his son for the first time. So...
The letters are an excellent idea. I can understand wondering why Gavriel's dad won't at least acknowledge him. But that man-child is clearly too selfish and immature, among other things, to be a good parent. Unfortunately, not everyone is fit to be one.

New Threads

Top Bottom