• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Chiefersis

Hello Every one!

I grew up not knowing I am slightly autistic, so like many of you I experienced the feeling of " I'm different; I don't know or can't understand why." I was very firmly convinced for a while that I'm just "Unlucky" that's why things don't workout between me and people, which brings me to the word "people". You know those sometimes when you accidentally type a word really quickly without really thinking about what to type; I constantly typed "people" for a very long time probably since I was 14 and since I've been diagnosed at the age of 25 I stopped doing it. This whole why I'm different from other people and why I'm so misunderstood was a very big question for me, and I also had a lot of feelings of incompetency which now that I know the reason and my disadvantage I feel a lot better about.
So I'm here to make some friends; people who maybe think more similarly.

And if you know a good website/place (place in Los Angeles area) to meet single Aspies let me know! Most websites for Aspies don't have that many members.

Welcome Chiefersis to Aspie Central. It's good I think to understand that you're an Aspie, as it explained so much for me. I'm in Canada, and don't know of any 'meetups' for Aspies in LA. But some of our other members might. Good luck!

Welcome Chiefersis to Aspie Central. It's good I think to understand that you're an Aspie, as it explained so much for me. I'm in Canada, and don't know of any 'meetups' for Aspies in LA. But some of our other members might. Good luck!
Thanks for your response. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom