• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I don't think NTs really care about their interests

I'm having an extremely hard time focusing in math class today. There's an example on the board for: 6x + 5y + (-5 = -13 + (-5) and I feel the urge and change it to 6NASA + 5SPACEX + (-5 = -13 + (-5) with the zoom's annotate feature. What do I do?

I'm having an extremely hard time focusing in math class today. There's an example on the board for: 6x + 5y + (-5 = -13 + (-5) and I feel the urge and change it to 6NASA + 5SPACEX + (-5 = -13 + (-5) with the zoom's annotate feature. What do I do?

You take a screen capture with the Snipping Tool, then you do your own personal annotation on it to poke fun at it and entertain yourself only without offending anyone else in the context of your math class. Then you revert back and try to learn what you need to.

Last edited:
You take a screen capture with the Snipping Tool, then you do your own personal annotation on it to poke fun at it and entertain yourself only with offending anyone else in the context of your math class. Then you revert back and try to learn what you need to.
I'm still disturbed at last week's math class that the person in the NASA sweatshirt didn't care about NASA and feel the urge to do NASA related stuff in class. NASA is an interest that's mostly in people much older than me and I really want people my age range that's into NASA and SPACEX.

I'm still disturbed at last week's math class that the person in the NASA sweatshirt didn't care about NASA and feel the urge to do NASA related stuff in class. NASA is an interest that's mostly in people much older than me and I really want people my age range that's into NASA and SPACEX.

Look, I'm going to be blunt here:

You NEED to change your focus and attitude on this, if you want to succeed academically. The shirt thing doesnt matter one bit... it's utterly irrelevant to what you're in that class to do. If you keep focusing on it a lot, that's going to distract from your purpose, and your grades / final result will spiral towards failure.

Whoever the guy with the shirt is, maybe he really WAS super interested in NASA. You dont know. But he aint there to do NASA stuff. He's there to learn and study, so even if he is super into that stuff... he's not going to do any of it, or talk about any of it, while in class.

Seriously, that's how it goes.

If you want to meet others that are into that stuff as a hobby... class aint the place to do it. Go elsewhere.

I think most people, whether NT or ND, realize there's a time and a place for everything, whereas you seem to struggle with that concept.

People have the right for us to not know anything about them. Their window on the zoom is their space, not ours.
You need MORE special interests.
And y is bags of crisps and x is bags of nachos.
Or on Tuesdays y is oranges and x is apples.
Or on wet Thursday nights y is railway wagons and x is trucks.
A single fixation is NOT "highly functioning".
If you get depth in your life you can switch your interests as often as you like so as not to perseverate (get stuck), i.e release initiative.
Maths is relevant to everything in life so changing your point of view won't reduce your attention to the maths.
Eat more veg (they need very little cooking other than potatoes or swedes)
And about your attitude to yourself - we all need to be more relaxed and self respecting about "functioning below the radar". Those are moments to not put ourselves in others' faces so much (keep ourselves to ourselves).
There is truth in the motto, don't try too hard.
You will survive for mi nutes on end (an eternity) if you let, or make, most of these non-issues drift right out of existence.
Why are you at a maths class?

Update: The professor asked the person in the nasa sweatshirt where he got it from and said that he got it from a store and I asked him if he's into nasa and he said "here and there". I'm curious why he didn't comment on the nasa video at all and completely ignored it. This confirms that NTs don't really care about their own interests.

No, it doesn't confirm that NTs don't really care about their own interests.
That is a generalization.

It confirms that he bought a shirt.

New Threads

Top Bottom