• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I do not like Pumpkin Spice in my house...

I love pumpkin spice.

I made eggnog for the first time last Christmas and I put pumpkin spice in it; It was great except that I used too much sugar.

I also sometimes make pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies, and I like it in coffee. I think it would be really nice in bread and cake, too.

Sadly there are no Dunkin Donuts in western Canada but maybe TIm Horton's has them....I should check sometime. (Gluten intolerance means I can't actually eat any I find unless I'm willing to get sick :cry: but it would make me happy to know they exist.....I'm weird like that.)

Apple cider donuts sound delicious....I should learn how to make donuts so I can try these things.

Dunkin Donuts! They have a few different pumpkin donuts around this time of year if I remember correctly :)
Most supermarkets in the USA also carry apple cider donuts in autumn, those are a family favourite in my house :)

I used to get fresh (hot) apple cider donuts from a cider mill when I lived in upstate New York. They were amazing.

I used to get fresh (hot) apple cider donuts from a cider mill when I lived in upstate New York. They were amazing.
That does sound amazing, my dad used to get them fresh from one of those apple picking places. They've always been a tradition in my family since we moved to the USA :) Glad you like them as well!

I'm okay with the smell of it, until it comes to pumpkin pie itself... the texture is just wrong.
Like baby food in a pie crust... I know, I know I have food issues and you can have all the Pumpkin pie you want including my share. : ) I do like the smell though... I think?

I'm okay with the smell of it, until it comes to pumpkin pie itself... the texture is just wrong.
Like baby food in a pie crust... I know, I know I have food issues and you can have all the Pumpkin pie you want including my share. : ) I do like the smell though... I think?

Drool is running down my face as I stare down your piece of pie, trying to act nonchalant, but appearing like a starving wolf.

Could you find out the mix of spices for me it is intriguing thanks
Here you go :)
"3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice and 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves" according to Betty Crocker.

Here you go :)
"3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice and 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves" according to Betty Crocker.
Love love love spice when I was younger I had a period where all I wanted to eat was Indian curry
It's like mixed spice but that doesn't have cloves we only had it at Easter in hot cross buns or Christmas in a Dundee cake I could mainline cinnamon -I know certain peoples of India use cinnamon and milk for colds

Love love love spice when I was younger I had a period where all I wanted to eat was Indian curry
It's like mixed spice but that doesn't have cloves we only had it at Easter in hot cross buns or Christmas in a Dundee cake I could mainline cinnamon -I know certain peoples of India use cinnamon and milk for colds
I love spice as well :) My favourite foods are Asian and Mexican foods of the spicy persuasion. Curry is great.

Maybe better than that I found you gluten free one... : )

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Donuts - Grain Changer

Thank you! Those look amazing -- I've bookmarked the page so i can try to make them sometime :)

Not donuts, but pumpkin spice muffins at Tim's. If you know how to make muffins, you can make them with corn or rice flour without gluten.

Good suggestion, pumpkin spice muffins sound delicious, too :)

I can make muffins but I don't have muffin tins so this will have to farther in the future "someday" project.

I like to use sorghum and GF oat flour as a base for most baked goods, with other flours mixed in (millet, amaranth, and buckwheat mostly).

I like to use sorghum and GF oat flour as a base for most baked goods, with other flours mixed in (millet, amaranth, and buckwheat mostly).

Like to use rice and corn flour, sometimes I grind up flakes of kamut and oats and use them as flour, I've had good luck with using corn flour mainly, which I like the taste of.

Like to use rice and corn flour, sometimes I grind up flakes of kamut and oats and use them as flour, I've had good luck with using corn flour mainly, which I like the taste of.

I grind my own flour, too, sometimes, in my coffee grinder. It's cheaper for me to buy the grains than the flour (I always make my own oat flour, because it's 1/3 -1/4 the price of a bag of pre-milled flour) and for some things (like red lentil flour) I only need a little bit and/or don't know where I'd buy it.

I can't eat any of the ancient wheat anymore, but I always liked spelt.

I used to make my own oat flour for oat waffles. The waffles were so dense and hearty. I don't really like other waffles anymore. They can't compare to what I can make myself.

It's cheaper for me to buy the grains than the flour (I always make my own oat flour, because it's 1/3 -1/4 the price of a bag of pre-milled flour) and for some things (like red lentil flour) I only need a little bit and/or don't know where I'd buy it.

Have done it for years, as the only flour available was wheat flour. Seemed too as if any wheat flour remained on the shelves in the stores for a long time. Haven't seen lentil flour anywhere, can now buy soy, quinoa, kamut, corn and oat flour in small amounts. But I'd rather just grind it and mix it myself.

As for the pumpkin spice muffins, they are pretty sweet, so I guess if you have no real choice and can't make them yourself, then some people are stuck with Tim's. ¯\_ツ_/¯ Which lots of people seem to like, obviously not you or I. Tim's donuts and muffins are no longer freshly made on the premises. They are brought in frozen.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom