• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I cut my mother out of my life officially two days ago. Uncertain about things (Advice)

I would say to give all this some time, and calm down first before doing something you might regret later. If she comes by and threatens you, then call 911. Maybe go stay with friends or leave town for a week or two.

I would say to give all this some time, and calm down first before doing something you might regret later. If she comes by and threatens you, then call 911. Maybe go stay with friends or calm family members for a while.
I dont live with her. Shes in another state. Shes pretty much removed from my life. All I did was pull the plug

I dont live with her. Shes in another state. Shes pretty much removed from my life. All I did was pull the plug

I don’t understand then why you would need an order of protection from her. Do you fear she will appear in your doorstep today? Doesn’t the distance between you both offer up protection? How can she harm you if you do not cave in to psychological fears? What is your actual fear about then?

I don’t understand then why you would need an order of protection from her. Do you fear she will appear in your doorstep today? Doesn’t the distance between you both offer up protection? How can she harm you if you do not cave in to psychological fears? What is your actual fear about then?
She has a habit of showing up unannounced and she has the tendencies of a stalker. She harassed my late Grandma asking about me once.

Do you really believe this woman will travel across the states to “break in?” Has this been her behavior previously? I can understand her showing up if she lived across town, but would she travel so far to confront you?
Has she traveled long distances in the past to harass people?

Last edited:
Do you really believe this woman will travel across the states to “break in?” Has this been her behavior previously? I can understand her showing up if she lived across town, but would she travel so far to confront you?
Has she traveled long distances in the past to harass people?
I mean she showed up several times without any notice. So anything can happen

I mean she showed up several times without any notice. So anything can happen

Do you mean she showed up at your home unannounced... By traveling across the states? People show up unannounced all the time. Especially if they live in the same region. It’s different if she traveled from another state to do so.

Do you mean she showed up at your home unannounced... By traveling across the states? People show up unannounced all the time. Especially if they live in the same region. It’s different if she traveled from another state to do so.
Yeah, sometimes.

I’m very sorry for your situation,I am actually in a similar situation and it took me years to get to this point but I know it’s definitely not a easy decision and sometimes you don’t have a choice because what matters is your mental health.

I also want to add that she attacked me and my faith a few weeks ago. She stated that because I dont talk to her that God would punish me. That bothered me for weeks and it still does.
That’s pure manipulation that she is doing to you,she is trying to make you feel guilty and she is manipulating your faith to do it.

I am that scared. I am also considering going into hiding. Am I overthinking this or am I making a rational decision?

a) Overthinking. You are heading in the right direction, she is your past, you are your future. I cut ties with my mother, it took me decades to figure it out. She was a negative influence in my life. I spent a long time wanting certain reactions from her, but eventually I realized that it wasn't happening and gradually over several years I moved on.

I finally blocked their numbers on my phone. So it took 10 years but the last link was broken.

There's one link left. When you really move on, she will move from a controlling influence to irrelevant. When you really move on, you won't feel anything, she will be just another person in the world. The fact that you feel fear means your image of her is still that of a parental authority figure, her memory has power over you. That's what you are scared of.

In reality she is just a pathetic, disturbed woman. You need to stop expending energy on what she might do and what she is doing. Take all that energy and focus it toward something more worthwhile, like your life and your healthy relationships. The fear is something you are holding on to and you need to let it go. The fear also has nothing to do with the real world and is a construct in your own head. If something does happen in the real world then deal with it as and when it occurs, but try to recognize the line between reality, what is actually going on and your fantastic projections about what could happen.

New Threads

Top Bottom