• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I could have had a free iphone

benjimanbreeg

I went to asda earlier. And when I went to the self checkout, I noticed an apple i phone on there, so I put it in my pocket. I took it out with me, and was debating whether to keep it or not. I wouldn't really even want one for myself, I use a phone to phone or text people, and don't want all that extra stuff. I did ring a friend, cause he might have bought it off me, but his phone was off. So instead of taking it home with me, my conscience came back, and I handed it into security. I know I would want someone to do the same, but how many people out of ten would? I think stuff like, "if its some rich bastard, why worry?" But then, what made me wanna hand it in, is they could have priceless stuff on there, who knows. I wonder how much I coulda got for it? Don't say over 100 lol. They asked for my details at the store, so maybe the person will go and claim it. The security guy thanked me for being honest, so that counts for something. If the person calls me, then that'd make it worth it, £100 or so, isn't gonna change me life. I guess i'd rather be one of the honest people in the world, like I was bought up to be, but on another day, i'd have kept it.

Thats a down right damn decent thing of you to do, Benji! I don't know, I probably would have struggled with my conscience. Times are tight. :p Who knows. Luckily I've never been presented with such a situation lol.

I'd have handed it in straight away. I'm rubbish with things like that. I once found a wallet on the street with money in, but I handed it into the Police. Never got a call saying thanks...:(

I would of seriously done the samething too because I already got the touch and I technically don't see the point in stealing an iPhone in the first place.

But also i'd prefer the person to feel happy that they found their phone. :innocent:

I used to have an iPod touch. Loved it. :) Had to sell it after like.. two weeks of owning it, to pay for something else though. :(

I found out the guy went back for it, but no thank you. One friend told me it was the right thing, and another said I shoulda kept it, and gotten like £150 for it. I wouldn't have kept it for myself, I want a phone as a phone, not all the other stuff.

£150? That all they're worth? Thought they were like.. £500 or something, lol.

I would of seriously done the samething too because I already got the touch and I technically don't see the point in stealing an iPhone in the first place.

But also i'd prefer the person to feel happy that they found their phone. :innocent:
Same tbh.
I expect people to do the same when I loose my phone, so it's stupid for me not to.
EMZ=]

Tbh, I don't have much sympathy for people that lose their phones and have no luck in recovering it. Their carelessness. Not that it justifies stealing, I probably wouldn't unless I was homeless or.. close to homeless. :p

I'd definitely hand it in. I've experienced what it's like to have someone steal something from you.

I'd definitely hand it in. I've experienced what it's like to have someone steal something from you.
me too.... especially my ps2 games but it was upsetting that my parents would blame me for losing them when I have practically never done anything to them.
My sister weirdly enough agree's with me for only that one day... I would like to take the lie detector test and prove I was telling the truth. :thumbsdown:

me too.... especially my ps2 games but it was upsetting that my parents would blame me for losing them when I have practically never done anything to them.
My sister weirdly enough agree's with me for only that one day... I would like to take the lie detector test and prove I was telling the truth. :thumbsdown:

Lol my step brother stole my ipod and sold it LOL.

@Michael: He sounds like a ****(I censor it 'cause like, idk which word, it's moderately derogatory though :D) tbh.
I loose my phone all the time. I've actually left bags in shops with like £50+ and credit card, etc. God xD. I'm really not careful, LOL. It's a massive relief when I find it at the customer service desk or where it first was though, and also nice to know there are people like that who exist.
EMZ=]

Lol my step brother stole my ipod and sold it LOL.

I would have torn him a new arse.

@Michael: He sounds like a ****(I censor it 'cause like, idk which word, it's moderately derogatory though :D) tbh.
I loose my phone all the time. I've actually left bags in shops with like £50+ and credit card, etc. God xD. I'm really not careful, LOL. It's a massive relief when I find it at the customer service desk or where it first was though, and also nice to know there are people like that who exist.
EMZ=]

You have a credit card? Or do you mean debit? Lol.

@ Emor

I once left ALL my shopping at a Primark near the shoes. I forgot to pick it all up because I was panicking about where my Mum and brother were. I'd bought some quite expensive clothes on that day aswell (despite being in Primark). Luckily when I realised how stupid I'd been and ran back to the shoe section, it was still there. God knows how it didn't get stolen.

If I found a wallet in the street, I"'d have left it where it lay and kept walking. Who knows what might be in it? Maybe anthrax.

New Threads

Top Bottom