• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am new here!

Jasmine2

Hello!

I am new to this forum. I was diagnosed 2 days ago with Asperger's, which is High functioning Autism at Level 1. I'm not sure which is the correct term but that is what the psychiatrist said. So I've put down Asperger's although it is all apparently under one umbrella - Autism.

I am a 36 year old female and now it all makes sense.

welcome to af.png

Welcome to the forum. Happy that it makes sense, and helps you feel more centered?

I'm still trying to get my head around it lol. I kind of cried when she was telling me because it felt like the pieces fit.
You got this!

Keep in mind that you are still the same person, now armed with knowledge that will explain some of your past and hopefully offer you a better future.

Hello!

I am new to this forum. I was diagnosed 2 days ago with Asperger's, which is High functioning Autism at Level 1. I'm not sure which is the correct term but that is what the psychiatrist said. So I've put down Asperger's although it is all apparently under one umbrella - Autism.

I am a 36 year old female and now it all makes sense.
It works. Use that term and I immediately know what you are talking about. Nothing more can be asked of language.

Isn't it amazing when suddenly everything that was confusing suddenly clicks into place? Or a grainy, blurry picture suddenly gains focus? The value of a diagnosis lies in explaining the past and predicting how it might impact the future. Understanding is a wonderful thing and it needs to come before adaptation.

Welcome! It took me a little while of wondering and lurking before I joined, so I tip my hat to you joining just two days after getting the confirmation!

New Threads

Top Bottom