• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jamila

My sister told me today that apparently, my intensive interest on different art styles and characters/people were actually intensive interests this whole time and were actually not crushes even tho they felt EXACTLY like it and idek why ...

Why did my feelings for intensive interests feel like a having a crush ?

I am Neurodivergent and have GAD

I realized when I was younger that some of the “crushes” I thought I had on people in my real life were actually special interests in the personalities and interests of those people. People/personalities and psychology are some of my special interests. A lot of people find that weird. :confused: But being a very extroverted Aspie, I find my friends really fascinating.

I realized when I was younger that some of the “crushes” I thought I had on people in my real life were actually special interests in the personalities and interests of those people. People/personalities and psychology are some of my special interests. A lot of people find that weird. :confused: But being a very extroverted Aspie, I find my friends really fascinating.

I see, I can kinda relate but they were more fictional characters for me and art styles but I only had a crush on someone twice in my life but a small crush on a couple of amount that I don't remember

You don't need to listen to her definition. If you think it's a crush then keep it up. It's a crush. It could definitely also be both.

crush.jpg
Priceless!

Honestly, to the brain there isn't any difference between a "crush" and a pleasurable interest. In both our brains release a flood of dopamine. We get the same dopamine rush from spending time with our pets and plutonic friends too. Your sister is wrong. :)

Honestly, to the brain there isn't any difference between a "crush" and a pleasurable interest. In both our brains release a flood of dopamine. We get the same dopamine rush from spending time with our pets and plutonic friends too. Your sister is wrong. :)
Bingo.

My sister told me today that apparently, my intensive interest on different art styles and characters/people were actually intensive interests this whole time and were actually not crushes even tho they felt EXACTLY like it and idek why ...

Why did my feelings for intensive interests feel like a having a crush ?

I am Neurodivergent and have GAD
Because there's no difference between how they feel to you? At least she didn't say they were obsessions.

New Threads

Top Bottom