• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

HSP vs Asperger’s

KevinMao133

Being in a HSP community, I feel at ease

They say there are similarities as well as differences

What’s your guys take on this?

I see many aspies who are also HSPs, like myself, while it’s different for others

Had to look it up and now I'm wondering if it is me too. Most of it resonates to my experiences. Interesting.

I spent years identifying as an HSP and it was helpful for me for a while, but it was insufficient to explain the full range of my challenges: the sensory issues, the monotropism, the shutdowns, the miscommunications, etc.

My being ASD1 seems to be the only thing to describe me enough, so it has supplanted HSP for me (much to my shock).

An author called The Autlaw on the Medium website has a number of articles (all behind a paywall, alas) in which she shares her opinion that the HSP designation is a result of Elaine Aron incorrectly excluding autistic traits from her research

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom