• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

how to set up a website

MONIQUEIJ

hey can any body tell me how to set up a website where i can sale things, my own site ( not amazon or ebay) were i can set up my paypal account with it. thanks and i do i sale a ebook on this site, :D and i want a .com how do i get in contact with Microsoft or is it something else.

hey can any body tell me how to set up a website where i can sale things, my own site ( not amazon or ebay) were i can set up my paypal account with it. thanks and i do i sale a ebook on this site, :D and i want a .com how do i get in contact with Microsoft or is it something else.

Hm... Best chance is with eBay, I hate to tell you. With any "independent" online store, you'll have to know programming language. Like Php, HTML, Java, and etc.. (unless you pay for a template or something.) Then you would have to set up your PayPal account to it. There is away to bill it to your PayPal account.

Either way, it is hard work. Even if you use eBay, you'll still have to have shipping material and stuff to send the item(s) to the person that bought them. eBooks on the other hand are simple, just have them pay for it (bill it to your PayPal) and then they download it.

Hm... you could try iOffer. It is like eBay, but you trade things with people. But you said you want your own site.

The issue with that is, you have to have things that keep the buyer's credit card number safe. If you use PayPal as the billing, it shouldn't be a problem. There is Yahoo shops, but I haven't had experience with. I only used Craig's List. I would personally use iOffer, but I never had the need to. :S

Good luck with this venture, and hopefully someone can give you better advice than I can. :D

This website cost us money to actually set up, we spent money for a forum software license we have also paid for a domain name which has to be renewed every year and that cost money.

There are also free places where you can create a website for free, but all you have to do is buy a domain name.

Free website called webs.com seems to be a pretty successful site, that's how to create a successful site.

The difficult part of it is advertising it, and the best place is facebook, that's how this site has been found, somebody was also kind enough to actually put it on their Twitter page which was the awesome thing about it.
Try typing on YouTube "how to advertise your website" it actually seemed to work.

Try putting them on all your forum signatures and you should now be able to get some success out of it. :D

This website cost us money to actually set up, we spent money for a forum software license we have also paid for a domain name which has to be renewed every year and that cost money.

There are also free places where you can create a website for free, but all you have to do is buy a domain name.

Free website called webs.com seems to be a pretty successful site, that's how to create a successful site.

The difficult part of it is advertising it, and the best place is facebook, that's how this site has been found, somebody was also kind enough to actually put it on their Twitter page which was the awesome thing about it.
Try typing on YouTube "how to advertise your website" it actually seemed to work.

Try putting them on all your forum signatures and you should now be able to get some success out of it. :D

hey thanks i'm gonna try that webs.com ;)

superboyian hit the nail right in the coffin, Monique. :D Follow his advice, but you still have to figure out how you're going to figure out the cost of the product/cost of shipping. :S

Good luck with your business venture! :D

you can get any website url ending .co.nr
for free, its just a redirection link but if its a free upload site your using to create a website and dont want to pay a fee for a url you can use a .co.nr even for just until you can get a .com

For cost of product shipping make sure you find out the latest shipping costs to al locations your selling to from the post office and to keep them up to date as often as you can so there is no mishaps with pricing.

Also you can sign up for a .tk addresses at dot.tk, but those just normally suck imo, especially if you have AOL or Sky in my case, half the time it would take forever to load up a page.

Good luck in your venture, I hope you can make wonders for our community as soon as your business is on track :)

I had a website with webs.com a few years ago when it was called freewebs.com. It was always really simple to use and they do let you do a lot nowadays.

New Threads

Top Bottom