• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to overcome being agnostic?

Start by studying the Torah and not the Christianity or Judaism Talmud. Neither of those are who the bible calls Israel. Unfortunately like politics and most things in this world man does they give you two choices and say you must choose. The bible says different it says those that will be my people Israel they will follow me and hear and DO everything I say. Then he tells them what to do in his "marriage" ie:Covent contract which is the Torah.
I agree the Torah is a good start I don't think the Talmud is bad but like Kabalah is to complex for those who have first not mastered Torah.I'm thinking the poster I'm quoting is a Karaite?Yes?You can find the whole Hebrew Bible (Tanakh) on chabad.org

I agree the Torah is a good start I don't think the Talmud is bad but like Kabalah is to complex for those who have first not mastered Torah.I'm thinking the poster I'm quoting is a Karaite?Yes?You can find the whole Hebrew Bible (Tanakh) on chabad.org

It can be unless you find a good teacher and study the Torah portions yourself. First question you need to ask is who is Yeshua looking for according to the bible it is not Christians,judaists,or any other religion you have to become Israel not the land but the people like Ruth who follow him wherever he goes.

A person in 12 step can't be agnostic? There has to be some way in 12 step to acknowledge and help an agnostic person. At least you're open to the possibility that there's a higher power.

At least you're not an Atheist. Now that I don't understand. Imagine a single life form, a human being, literally insignificant in the scope of what is possibly an infinite Universe declaring that they have enough knowledge to firmly believe that there is no God, period. That boggles my mind that anyone would take such a definitive position rather than being open to the possibility.

It can be unless you find a good teacher and study the Torah portions yourself. First question you need to ask is who is Yeshua looking for according to the bible it is not Christians,judaists,or any other religion you have to become Israel not the land but the people like Ruth who follow him wherever he goes.
So your messianic, you believe in Yeshua HaMashiach,you sound similar to Lapid Jadaism

So your messianic, you believe in Yeshua HaMashiach,you sound similar to Lapid Jadaism

No I am Hebrew like my avatar says. Messianics can be mesibaptist,mesichristian,mesijudaism,mesiorthodox,or anything else. I am Hebrew believing in the bible and the bible alone no christian or judaism Talmud or doctrines.

Messianics can be mesibaptist,mesichristian,mesijudaism,mesiorthodox,or anything else.

So "mesichristian" is short for "messianic christian"?
And "mesiorthodox" for "messianic orthodox"?

Or what?

So "mesichristian" is short for "messianic christian"?
And "mesiorthodox" for "messianic orthodox"?

Or what?

No it means when they bring their man made doctrines in but claim to follow Torah which goes against the man made traditions that people elevate to Torah or say they are doing in God's name when God had not said.

No it means when they bring their man made doctrines in but claim to follow Torah which goes against the man made traditions that people elevate to Torah or say they are doing in God's name when God had not said.

Can you provide a link that defines the words?

Oh my gosh, small world! I've gone through that with Catholicism! Yikes, they were terrible to me. It happens to the best of us! I'm sorry you have gone through that yourself.
Actually it wasn’t even Catholicism or because of priests’ behavior. One was a Lutheran church where a group of boys kept bullying in Sunday school and even resorted to throwing things aimed at my head which caused me to terrified of going to church every Sunday for four years and it got to the point I was literally praying to God not to send me to church. The other church was nondenominational and they tried to do conversion therapy in the form of “praying for my soul.” Didn’t help either that three boys tried to set me up by falsely accusing me of stealing a Gameboy Color and game and when I proved that I didn’t and they were lying, I never got any form of apology nor were the boys punished.

Can you provide a link that defines the words?

Their probably is not one because people don't want to admit it. Look at the function of the definition not the form. This is why Yeshua said you will know them by their fruits not thier definition but what they do.

Actually it wasn’t even Catholicism or because of priests’ behavior. One was a Lutheran church where a group of boys kept bullying in Sunday school and even resorted to throwing things aimed at my head which caused me to terrified of going to church every Sunday for four years and it got to the point I was literally praying to God not to send me to church. The other church was nondenominational and they tried to do conversion therapy in the form of “praying for my soul.” Didn’t help either that three boys tried to set me up by falsely accusing me of stealing a Gameboy Color and game and when I proved that I didn’t and they were lying, I never got any form of apology nor were the boys punished.

That was I, talking about bullying. I got lucky nobody in the family. Got crept on, And I have received a lot of attention from the ladies most of my life. One Sunday school teacher told my sibling who has a bee allergy she hopes she gets stung by a swarm of bees. I quit Sunday school. I Never made my communion. Every catholic I met is phony. Outside my family, I wish I met the good ones when you have 1 billion people. Not all are like that wicked woman. But it soured. My taste for it was more of that stuff building up over time, and the last issue I had with them was it I quit.

Their probably is not one because people don't want to admit it. Look at the function of the definition not the form. This is why Yeshua said you will know them by their fruits not thier definition but what they do.

I am interested in words.

I have never seen "mesibaptist," "mesichristian," etc...and want to
see a standard definition.

Or is this a neologism?

@ucrenegade

Would you say that my difficulty in finding a standard
definition for the words is due to the words being used
by a limited number of people? For instance, being used
by only you, so far?

Or have you observed the terms "mesibaptist," "mesichristian," etc
used by someone else, anywhere in print?

I sort of want to believe that there is a God but then I question why would He let such horrible things happen to me before I’m even 30 and that there is no reason that He just flat out hates me completely?

@ucrenegade

Would you say that my difficulty in finding a standard
definition for the words is due to the words being used
by a limited number of people? For instance, being used
by only you, so far?

Or have you observed the terms "mesibaptist," "mesichristian," etc
used by someone else, anywhere in print?

It is being used by few so far yes that is true but not just me. A few congregations that have turned back to the bible and the bible alone. So just because someone says they observe Torah if they bring Sunday,pork,Christmas,and other things the Torah does not stand for then they are saying they are trying to be messianic but they have not laid down thier original teachings then they are not true messianics they are mesibaptist,mesichristian,mesijudaism,and mesiwhatever else. It's the mixing of two or more religions in simple terms.

New Threads

Top Bottom