1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to know when to stop

Discussion in 'Love, Relationships and Dating' started by rcogspe, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:09 AM.

1. rcogspe

rcogspe New Member

Hello,

Long-time reader, first-time poster.

I have a dilemma. I have found somebody online who I am very interested in. She is perfect in every way - we share the same hobbies, work in the same profession, and live within 50 kilometres or so.

I've sent her a few messages to which she briefly responded to, and then sent her a message a few days ago asking how she was.

I haven't heard anything since.

Is it worth pursuing this, or should I stop? I have never been in a relationship and feel entirely uncomfortable, but as I said, she appears to be perfect in every way.

Thank you in advance.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. BraidedPony

BraidedPony Just Enjoying Survival V.I.P Member

First of all, humans aren't perfect.
    I would send another message because she may not have seen the one you sent.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I'd wait a while to see if she responds. Lack of responding can mean she isn't interested and you have to respect that. But after a few weeks it is probably ok to try once more in case she didn't see it as BraidedPony mentioned and/or indicate you still are interested. If she doesn't respond to that, stop trying and move on to something else.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Fino

Fino Alex V.I.P Member

Depending on the specifics of the "brief" messages already received, I'd say not to bother. It sounds like she was answering to be polite then stopped.

But I know how you feel with feeling she is perfect, so I'm sorry.

And "feeling" is a better word than "thinking," because we don't "think" people are perfect, since our rational minds know that isn't possible, but we still "feel" people are perfect sometimes.

• Like Like x 3