• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to get use to change?

Cazzie

hi all
How do you all get use to change in your life?
how do you cope with the change.
take care
cazzie

Hey, Cazzie.
I guess it all depends on what changes we're talking about, how big they are and, of course, if they are for immediately the best or not. My approach is not to fight what can't be fought. Some aspects of life can't be modified to our liking unfortunately. It's alright to complain about them, but I think it's useful not to focus on them. When I go through a big change, as getting a new job for example, I find helpful to implement a routine and to try to improve it to suit me the best.

I agree with Pedro. I try to keep the saying in mind, "that the only real constant is change".

Internally it completely tears me up, but externally I just try to embrace it and if possible incorporate whatever routines I can to make it as comfortable as I can. I also try to think of the positive aspects of the change...even a really bad change that I know is bad and try to point out to others, if I can't convince anyone and feel forced to concede, then I at least can gloat when it does go badly and say "I told you so". Although, as fun as that sounds, it gets very tiresome and annoying considering that it occurs very frequently in my life.

I guess that foresight is an inevitable curse of Asperger's, due to seeing the details that others overlook.

I've been asking myself that question a lot, though out the course of my lifetime. I work really hard at getting use to change.:skeptical:

I get myself distracted with my special interest, maybe that may help you get used to change and think the complete opposite about how I feel about change.

I must admit, I hate changes, probably never will. :lol2:

New Threads

Top Bottom