• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How stupid I feel

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I had a priest visiting me and said that would I like to go to church services sunday? I said: excuse me, am I going to be here til sunday and he said: yes! I explained my faith and thanked him anyway and he was impressed that I read a chapter of my bible every night and even hugged me.

I have seen a cardio woman who was just awful! Very bombastic to me and kept saying that she finds nothing wrong with my heart ( which of course, is good) and says: you are losing weight too fast! You eat badly and I tried to explain what I do eat, but she stopped me and said: I don't want to know!!!!!!

It is reckoned that my losing weight too fast is causing me to feel very weak. I tried to say that I have to eat a bit between meals, because when I am active, I get a sugar low!

She then says that as far as she is concerned, I can return home today, but then said: I am not the dr, so I cannot authorise that!

My husband turned up with a friend and both, looking very smart and clean and here I am: dirty and smelly and just basically feeling really ugly!

So it appears I took the priest too literally and now, feel a fool!

When I find myself in a situation where I have felt a fool, I tend to replay it over in my head and make myself feel worse about it.
So I urge you not to. We are all human and fallible, neurodiverse or not. What happened is not a big thing and is probably much more significant to you than anybody else.
I'm sorry the cardio woman was crappy with you, I have frequently found difficulties with medical staff.

When I find myself in a situation where I have felt a fool, I tend to replay it over in my head and make myself feel worse about it.
So I urge you not to. We are all human and fallible, neurodiverse or not. What happened is not a big thing and is probably much more significant to you than anybody else.
I'm sorry the cardio woman was crappy with you, I have frequently found difficulties with medical staff.

Thank you and you are so right, that is exactly what I have been doing ie replaying it over and over and each time, feeling more crushed!

The great news is that I spoke to the dietician and lol she says: you don't need a dietician!

New Threads

Top Bottom