• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How should girls approach autistic guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Obviously assumes normally civilized behavior on both sides"

Well, as long as you're saying it's just an assumption, and
not a fact, ok.

Well there's no denying the fact that the overwhelming majority of women that will approach a guy or ask a guy out are in the extreme minority women will normally never initiate a relationship with a guy no matter how much they like him or are attracted to him

I think this could depend on the culture and where you are also. In my experience, women are not afraid to let you know what they want. Or ask a guy out or start a relationship. But I grew up with Scandinavian women, so that could be a difference. From what I have seen and experienced, women usually take what they want. Very forward and open, not especially timid or easily scared. I think there can be some big cultural differences.

Last edited:
This is a very tricky question that does not really have one good answer.
The best answer is that I (we) cannot answer it because we don`t know him.
Everyone is different. If you have to change who you are and how you would naturally interact to make a match with him. It won`t work in the end because you will be pretending to be different than you are. For me, it really does not matter how a girl would approach me. By her energy I would figure out if she matches with me or not. Just like 2 neurotypical people would.
I have both approached, and have been approached in the past. All of those times it did not work out, and it would never get past an initial kiss after which I would shut off and end the relationship. Because it did not feel right. Until I met my wife. She did nothing special, there was no special approach. I thought she looked nice and she was a very kind person. But the most important thing was that I felt comfortable around her. And she did not need to do anything special for that. She was herself. Even if it does not sound romantic at all. That was the sole reason the romantic relationship started. All other things came after.
I know you did not ask for my personal story. But I wrote it because I wanted to show how 'strange' an autistic guy could be about being open to a relationship. None of the standard attraction things. She was simply the only person I did not get the feeling that I wanted to run away from the situation. Physical attractiveness, romantic feelings etc. All that came after. And I would not let her go for the world till this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom