• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many hours do you spend on your computer each day?

3-ish. I tend to be connected to social media on my phone, occasionally on my browser, but sometimes I wanna watch a Youtube video or something, for which I'd prefer a bigger screen. Video gaming takes up about 5 hours a week nowadays, I try to find other things to do.

Between 12 and 16 hours. I work online, I'm not into TV so I'm online a lot more than the average person.

I think this question has become much more complicated than it would have been, say, ten years ago. Back then, a computer was a computer--what we consider a "desktop," "laptop," whatever.

Nowadays, so many people carry computers around in their pockets, in the form of smartphones. If I had to take a stab at my "traditional" computer usage, I would say it's a fair amount...mostly because I use it as my main source of entertainment (it's how I watch DVDs, and my stereo system is entirely computer-based on the digital end of things). However, I've owned a smartphone for over a year, and I'd say I check it on probably an hourly basis, and I use it frequently for podcasts and for reading the news (I get the Sunday New York Times, but that's only once a week...not exactly the best for staying current!).

All told, it's impossible for me to calculate, if you include smartphone usage. But I'd say it's quite a fair bit more than it was a few years ago!

I spend a lot of time on my laptop at some days. I'd say 6-9 hours a day for me. It depends how busy I am, or if I'm immersed into doing other things such as drawing art. D= I sometimes can be quite addicted to PCs.

I work with computers during the day, so I am on them all day during that time. Between that and recreational time at home, I get about 10 - 12 hours of screen time per day. That time is usually spent researching various topics or reading online.

Even if I want to spend all day online, I can't because, other than, being a wife and thus duties around the house, require my attention, my conscious also hits me painfully and actually feel depressed if I am online, when things need doing and thus, I am online periodically, throughout the day.

Love me excuse breaks ie coffee of eating, because I can enjoy myself and feel ok about it lol

I guess it's around an hour. Not much because I've got a lot of books and I spend most of my time studying.

spend most of the waking day doing something releated/useing computers, even my TV watching is done through a computer.

I work on a computer all the day, and I use my iPad or my iMac when I'm at home. So I spend a lot of time in front of a screen.

Way too many. Between my pc, smartphone, and pads I am always jacked in. Even at work AC is on in my cab between rescues, I need a life again.

wow its surprising how much people use devices these days I thought it was an adolescent thing. but I do use the internet quite a lot which is bad since I am on a small data plan (30GB) and I used too much data last month.

New Threads

Top Bottom