• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many computers you own?

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
I own two laptops and two desktops. The first desktop I use for entertainment. The second desktop I run a web server. The first laptop I do all my editing of photos, videos and etc. The other laptop is a spare, but I will be using it again soon.

I own a 2009 Dell laptop and a mid-2012 i7 Macbook Pro. I need to fire up that Dell again sometime...it's been a good couple of years. But honestly, I've not found the need to so far. I also run a couple distros of Linux on virtual machines on my Mac (though I haven't fired those up in a while, either).

I own a 2009 Dell laptop and a mid-2012 i7 Macbook Pro. I need to fire up that Dell again sometime...it's been a good couple of years. But honestly, I've not found the need to so far. I also run a couple distros of Linux on virtual machines on my Mac (though I haven't fired those up in a while, either).
I'm using Vmware vSphere to virtualized my web server.

I use VirtualBox myself. I just realized I had locked it all away and hidden in a .zip file, which is probably why I haven't accessed in a while, heh.
I have used virtualized software for about a decade now. My friend found it pointless back then and now all the big companies using it for their infrastructure.

One good, up-to-date, home-built desktop computer, one ancient laptop that belongs to me, one even older laptop that belongs to Mum, my IPad Mini, Mum's IPad Mini, my IPhone 4S, and my IPod Touch. I usually carry both iPhone and iPod everywhere, since I listen to audiobooks and podcasts nearly constantly when I'm out of the house. The constant auditory input helps me manage sensory sensitivities and focus on something besides my chronic back pain. I broke my back six years ago and that left me with nerve damage, spasticity, and spinal arthritis. I can walk further with less pain if I have an audiobook to focus on.
I value my computers and other gadgets more than almost anything else, and since I don't make a lot and can't afford to buy new ones, I take exquisite care of the devices I have, upgrade the hardware on my desktop when I need to and when I can afford to, and am very vigilant about viruses and other malware. I work on the desktop and laptops myself.

Two desktops I built myself. One current system, and one legacy system I don't use much any more.

I have one laptop Pavillion dv6, iPad Retina, and iPhone 5s, another iPhone4 (just in case), mp3 player as well, and a 1TB external harddrive, which I merely use for storage. Find it it difficult to delete shows I like. Used to have a stationary PC, but am happy with my laptop.

I have one laptop Pavillion dv6, iPad Retina, and iPhone 5s, another iPhone4 (just in case), mp3 player as well, and a 1TB external harddrive, which I merely use for storage. Find it it difficult to delete shows I like. Used to have a stationary PC, but am happy with my laptop.
I should give you my spare 750GB drive I'm not using. My laptop came with two of them and I replace one with a 256 SSD

I have one Compaq desktop I bought in 2007 or 2008, and a hand-me-down Dell running Ubuntu because the previous owner apparently didn't like how anal Dell is about repairing a busted OS either. If it hadn't been hand-me-down, I'd never own a Dell. Worst company I've ever encountered in computers, even worse than the Sony Vaio and Soyo desktop I had as a teen.

My husband has one desktop tank we built a few years back and an Acer laptop.

I have one my uncle gave to me. :)

It's not slow but it'll do most things pretty well. :)
I wouldn't expect it to be able to run many games, but that's what my PS3's for. :p

How are you enjoying raspberry pi?

It's alright. I mainly use one of them with a large hard drive as a backup system plus for watching videos. The other one just sort of sits and is only really used as a SSH proxy, since the two pi's plus the tk1 are behind a router.

It's alright. I mainly use one of them with a large hard drive as a backup system plus for watching videos. The other one just sort of sits and is only really used as a SSH proxy, since the two pi's plus the tk1 are behind a router.
nice setup

aw man where do I start?

I've got one desktop dual booting Crunchbang and Arch, literally my powerhouse/gaming rig. Steam for Linux hey why not! :D

My laptop and server both run Arch as well. My Slackstation... I think you can guess what that runs :p

and probably the oddest of them all, a netbook running OpenBSD, proposing that it becomes my carputer.

and how can I forget my beautiful Raspberry Pi Model B, currently running Raspian because I have no easy access for it to connect to the net, otherwise it would be running Arch ARM. :cool:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom