• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many aspies would like to move overseas?

Mr_Alex

I was wondering how many Aspies here like to stay in their country of origin or they like to move overseas,for me if I could move out of New Zealand,I would take Japan because I cannot live in Hong Kong anymore due to air quality issues

I for one would love to live in Antarctica, once it warms up just a little more... No people, penguins to play with all day and rock beneath my feet when the ice melts :)

I'm not so sure where I'd like to move. There are a few cities that come to mind in general. However, I guess, there's just a marginally small part of "overseas" for me being from continental europe, since technically even Africa is connected to Asia, which is connected to Europe. So there's a few islands I guess, the biggest two being Australia and America as a continent.

If there's a reason for me to move it's because of humanity in general, and I guess I'd be best of moving to another galaxy and hope they don't accidentally invent hyperdrive in my lifetime.

I would like to move out from Singapore to other places.

Singapore has no air quality issues. It is a good capitalist country where people who work reasonably hard can get by, Aspies in manual jobs included.
The thing is, I want to open up wider vistas in my life, I want to contribute my skills to more people, especially if I am gaining an Associate Chartered Accountant designation in the future.

I would like to move to Australia, Britain (northern England), Canada etc. for this purpose. They have a compatible accounting system to Singapore, and they have deeper and wider markets, it seems.

The two hour flight to Singapore? No thanks, unlike Hong Kong which is reasonably near to Japan and Korea, the countries around Singapore have smaller markets than Singapore.

United States would be great, since they will eventually transition to IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).

One should never limit his minds to the borders of his nation.

I once considered New Zealand, but because I am a Wallabies fan and other reasons I can't mention here, I cannot move to New Zealand. Also, I would never move to a place with a smaller economy than the one I live in.

This may sound stupid, but I wish overseas would move to me, so I can stay where I am, yet be surrounded by a different environment. I have a really strong attachment to my room. When I went to university, I had to keep coming back home every weekend... It's like a safe zone I can't function without for too long. To quote Sheldon Cooper talking about his spot, "In an ever-changing world, it is a single point of consistency."

I would love to move to New Zealand along the coast with the mountains behind me in isolation. I can but dream.

For right now I prefer the High Desert of Nevada.

In my next life however, The Netherlands, Denmark, or maybe Ireland.

@judge that's also where I'd want to live. Reno rules!

Well, if the desert and the wild west truly appeals to people it's a great place to be. Beyond the gambling and tourism it's just a scenic old cow town with a lot of fun events from May to October.

However it's still balanced with a nine percent unemployment figure that continues to keep our recovery slow.

Las Vegas has its glitz...but to me it's little more than an extension of Los Angeles. Too many people...

Is it wrong that I really want to live in the USA even though I'm British? I'm incredibly attached to my bedroom and routines living in the UK, so I don't know if this would ever happen.

I have a lot of close family members in the US, specifically a very lovely auntie! Her home is like my 2nd home - I have my foods I stock up on at the supermarket on the way back from the airport, the shops I visit, places I like to spend time, etc. I like being able to get off the plane thousands of miles away and feel so unusually comfortable and at home. Her home is in Florida and suffering from SAD in this gloomy weather we're having just makes me crave the warmth and sunshine even more. My anxiety even takes a break from bothering me when I'm there, which is wonderful. Shame it's so expensive and far away to visit - tempted to take advantage of Virgin's reduced fares until the end of January & buy a ticket to visit in the Easter Break but I know I'll have a ton of school work set to do!

Is it wrong that I really want to live in the USA even though I'm British? I'm incredibly attached to my bedroom and routines living in the UK, so I don't know if this would ever happen.

You're not alone. I want to live in the USA. The markets there are larger and I get to do more financial products in the States. :D
I plan to work in a Big Four firm to accumulate accounting experience, as the common thing of USA and Singapore is, well, Accounting.

I would give anything to split my time between America between the vernal and autumnal equinoxes and Australia the rest of the time. Imagine what that could do for my seasonal affective disorder! I love, absolutely LOVE, deserts. How are the spiders down there in Oz?

Nothing wrong with that at all - I'm exactly the same. I guess there's something about the practical city layouts like the new york grid system that appeals to me.

Nothing wrong with that at all - I'm exactly the same. I guess there's something about the practical city layouts like the new york grid system that appeals to me.

Yes! The grid system makes life so much simpler and just makes me happy, no need for overly-confusing directions.

I did get to go to New York on a school trip once and it was beautiful - I didn't 'do' much, just walked around, explored and took it all in. A definite must-visit for anyone and absolutely worth saving up for, if you enjoy cities.

Yes! The grid system makes life so much simpler and just makes me happy, no need for overly-confusing directions.

I did get to go to New York on a school trip once and it was beautiful - I didn't 'do' much, just walked around, explored and took it all in. A definite must-visit for anyone and absolutely worth saving up for, if you enjoy cities.
Funny, I went there on a school trip too. The school trip was organised by the drama department so I got to see Fiddler on the Roof on Broadway, went to an acting workshop about staged fights and how to make them look and sound convincing (These newly acquired skills were used on the streets of chinatown later that evening!), and took a ferry to Ellis Island. I think the highlight of the trip was going to the top of the Empire State building.

I would like to move from here in London to New York or Boston where i could get a position in academia. However, i dream of being a fellow at Trinity, Cambridge so i may stay.

The reasons for moving to USA:

• In many cities, there is the grid system which is nice in comparison to London (look at the map).

• There is a wide variety of cities and landscapes there.

• It is bigger so there are more reptile shows and other expos or cons.

• There are more reptiles in the wild.

• Unlike a lot of brits, i prefer the food i.e.cobbler, lots of italian and generally a wider variety found natively.

I have already moved.
I'm Dutch but I live in Scotland, just because I prefer living here to living in the Netherlands.
I was also based in Ireland from about 8 years before I came here. Don't expect I'll be leaving this place as my base anytime soon though.
Small town at the foot of the Highlands, out in the fields for nice walks in about 2 minutes....

New Threads

Top Bottom