• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many aspies would like to move overseas?

This may sound stupid, but I wish overseas would move to me, so I can stay where I am, yet be surrounded by a different environment. I have a really strong attachment to my room. When I went to university, I had to keep coming back home every weekend... It's like a safe zone I can't function without for too long. To quote Sheldon Cooper talking about his spot, "In an ever-changing world, it is a single point of consistency."

Me too! Last year I had to live in campus. I went back home every two days and cried all the time. I was a wreck... I survived 3 months then finally decided it will be far less tiring to just drive every day.

I'm very happy with my room, house and landscape here. I can't stand cities. The noise, people everywhere. You can't be alone anywhere, unless you close yourself in a room and then you're caught.

Im from Uk but I live in a smallish town in Sweden, what i like here is its more slow-paced , lots more room and lots of forrest and lakes, Swedish people are abit like Aspies, very unsociable .... You can walk around the streets at certain times and its very quiet none around like the Twighlight Zone. There are bike lanes everywhere so you can cycle in peace.

I miss England sometimes but I don't miss the overcrowds , camera police state and expensive and small flats.

I wouldn't mind living in America for a while, Like New York or Chicago. So many things to do and see.

Does wanting to move to Canada count ? Anything's better than this country at the moment :(

New Threads

Top Bottom